Pages

Friday, April 26, 2024

Downsizing Gone Wild

 

Downsizing crossed a line at some point and became a total rearrangement of both bedroom and living room.  When I finally got all the major stuff done, the closet area looked like this: 


I decided I don't need a permanent classroom set, given my folding house that was Sunburst and the 70's Dream House.  I also have my table on which I can set up pretty much anything that suits my abilities and inclination.  I did keep the pantry, sans kitchenette.  The giant clear bin full of Barbie clothes is off camera, in front of the closet door.


The dollhouse got torn apart, carried into the living room, and reassembled with some walls reversed.  Reversing the walls was the easiest way to "repaper" the rooms in question.  Everyone can hang out in the house or on the corner shelf.   

Human guests don't have to invade my inner sanctum to play dolls.  Some play items are stored in the bedroom, but can be quickly fetched.  


In the window corner are all the large play items.  And my laundry hamper.


I decided to look for a better kitchen set.  I found this on Amazon.  It's inexpensive and has counters.  Tiny ones, but counters nonetheless.  Fancy Life made most of my school desks, the dining room table, and now the kitchen appliances! (Their dining chairs break easily, though.)


The entire set fits nicely along one wall.  That rounded counter next to the squared one bugs me.  I might slide everything down a bit and then stick the sink where the fridge is, but sideways.


Yes, I know this is a repeated picture.  Hush.  First floor, we have the eat-in kitchen and the living room.  Second floor are the brat rooms, divided by biological sex of said brats.  Attic has become the master bedroom/nursery, with a tiny playroom hidden behind the faux wall.  All bathrooms and stairs are, of course, invisible.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment