Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Wheelchairs

One doll I requested from Santa was the Fashionista in the wheelchair.  The first reason was articulation - not only does she have working knees and elbows, she's on the Made To Move body.  Mattel can have my money (or Santa's in this case) for giving me that.


The other reason was the wheelchair itself.  "But, Jeanie," you say "I can see the Becky wheelchair right there!  Marcus has been using it since, like, forever!" Well, dear reader, Mattel gets kudos (and Santa's money) for being inclusive.  There is another Fashionista, one with a prosthetic leg, but I'm not planning to get her.  She's only got the basic five points of articulation and her face is nothing special.


Marcus has requested the new wheelchair, though.  It's an improvement over his current one.  


Because often, while setting the scene, the pink chair will be nudged.  Marcus will fall out.  Marcus will knock other things down.  Jeanie will say bad words and have to start over.  The new chair has features that will prevent that (in most cases) and that's what we're after.


The first of these features is a clip to hold the doll in place.  The clip does make them sit forward a bit, but if they want to sit back and relax, you can remove it.


The foot rest moves on the teal wheelchair.  Being able to reposition Marcus's foot can help him stay put even if the clip is removed.  I can't do that with the pink chair!


The clip fits around him!


My favorite part - and a feature I was not aware of until unboxing the toy - is the brake.  Part of the reason Marcus was always falling out of the pink chair was that it would roll away at the slightest nudge.  The teal chair has a locking brake on both wheels. 

So Marcus gets an upgrade.  The pink chair will stick around, though.  It might be needed.  We never know what the future may hold for the citizens of Barbieville!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up! I had wondered about these! I now know which I will purchase.

    ReplyDelete