Pages

Friday, December 13, 2019

Zenobia's Weird Day At Work

Draco and Albus have been working hard at getting Witch's Cove ready for the winter.  


Albus: You've done very well today, considering that you've never done manual labor before.  

Draco: I still don't understand why you wanted me to do it.  Why didn't you just send me to Juvie?

Albus: I suggested you help me as your community service because, like many who have grown up in privilege, you fail to understand that manual labor profits a man in non-monetary ways.  Did you feel a level of satisfaction upon seeing the results of your work?

Draco: Yeah... I guess I did.  But I destroyed your home.  Aren't you mad?  

Albus: Of course I am.  I'm not a fan of the prison system, though, and I feel you can learn a valuable lesson this way.  You saw today that, if not for people like me, you would have none of the things your wealth buys you.  Everything you eat, all your material goods, came from people like me.  

Draco: How much was the damages?  I know Dad offered to pay it.


Albus (chuckles): I hope that by the time you've finished your community service, you'll see that the dollar value means little to me.  The simple fact, Draco, is that I haven't given up on you.  I've only given up on one person in my entire life.

*****

At another table, Hank is waffling over what to order.  


Zenobia: You should try the taco plate.  Pern has already mastered that one.

Hank: Oh, well....  Wait?!  Who did you say?!

Zenobia: Pern.  Our new cook.  You know Anakin Nadekh?  She's his mother.

Hank jumps to his feet and runs out of the building. 


Zenobia: Um... Okay, then.... 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What's all that about? I hope I haven't missed something important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want, use the tag Hank and review his story.

      Delete