Pages

Monday, July 13, 2020

Upgrades, Shower, and Orphans


Owner's Office, Witch's Cove


Nakoma: So?  What do you think?

Albus: I'm quite impressed.  You must have worked on this for months.

Pocahontas:  I just put her to work on this two weeks ago.  The girl's got some creative skills.



Albus: She did this in two weeks?!  

Pocahontas: We've always known she was the artist of the family.  I'm surprised it took her this long.  

Albus: I could use her help putting together the atmosphere around the Windigo and the updated train ride.  By the way, what do you think of "Haunted Rail" for the name?  

Pocahontas: Once this website is linked to Mom's old one and operationable, she's all yours.


Nakoma: Oh, I've got a plethora of ideas.  Wait until you see what I've got in mind for The Overlook.

Pocahontas: See, Albus, she's alr -- what, wait?

*****

Zenobia's studio


Zenobia: I thought since you aren't doing a traditional wedding, and I'm not maid of Honor, that a bachlorette party was off the table?  I won't lie, I'm bummed about it, but you're the bride.  You call the shots.


Tris: An old-fashioned Bridal Shower is acceptable, you libertine.  You're still my best friend.  

Zenobia (teasing): Just after the presents, aren't you? 

Tris: Kind of.  We're pretty broke, you know.  (laughs)  I also noticed how disappointed you were.  I should have taken that into consideration.  Especially since you're gonna have to live with us.

Zenobia jumps up and hugs her, launching into plans. 

*****
Windu Acres


James: Thanks for the drinks.  This humidity is killing me.

Mace: Big ole storm brewing.  What's the verdict on them orphans?

James: Test results all came back.  Completely healthy, two colts and a filly, siblings.  Same sire.

Mace: So they aren't purebred. 

James: Looks like the mares were.  Some rogue stallion must have gotten into the paddock and whoever owned the mares... well, to put it politely, they reacted badly.  


Charlie: That's putting it way more politely that I did.  

Mace: Y'all got the cops on it, I'm sure.  Does the preserve have security cameras? 

Charlie: In the parking lot and visitor center.  We're hoping they didn't sneak in through private property to dump the babies, but we'll interview the landowners around if we have to.  

Mace:  Well, the little ones are settling in here.  Angus took them right under his wing.   Might even adopt them, since I'm in rebuilding mode. (Changes the subject)  What brings you back to Barbieville?  I knew Iggy was here, but you were a surprise.  

Charlie (hesitates for a moment): Things didn't work out where I was.  So I got my old job back and came home.  Staying with my folks until I find a place for me and Iggy.  (Laughs)  PJ's oldest had just come to stay with them while her dad's deployed and then here comes Iggy.  James's house is gonna burst at the seams.  




No comments:

Post a Comment