Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Pikes' Addition - Part Three

Time to put views in those rear windows.  I got out all my scenery pictures from magazines and books, sorted them all over my bed, and decided against all of them. 


I ended up using the sky posterboard.  It doesn't look much bluer than the wall would have, but I'm hoping when I do photo stories, the details will show up.


I decided to keep the big "hot tub" and put the telescope on the deck.  I also moved "wardrobe" and my laundry into the corner.  The big hot tub touches both houses and makes them feel more connected, somehow.  Nice view of the barn from the hot tub.  


The black shelves have been switched around a bit.  On top, the Smiths and Witch's Cove sets await their next curtain call.  Below it, we have Sarcastic Fringehead's studio (needs wallpaper).  Then Sulu's greenhouse with the whole fam damily in it.


The Eaton/Cooper clan hangs out in the new Medical Center space.  One side will serve as various exam rooms and the other as a waiting room.  Below it is the grocery's Aisle of Value and checkouts.  On bottom, the folding dollhouse sets and the sauna. 


The remainder of the sky posterboard will serve for daytime shots on the deck.  This is where I hit a stopping point - I needed "wallpaper" and human-size trash bags.


The wallpaper.  One is for the bathroom and studio, one for kitchen and bedroom. 


Starry sky!  Now they have something non-stalkerish to look at with the telescope!


The kitchen is done.  Trimming around those arched windows was hard.  Swearing happened.


Bedroom.  Clearly, Pike is secure in his masculinity.


Bathroom was easily the most difficult.  Built in fixtures, arched window.  That pattern does have a greenish cast to it, so it works with the teal window.  Added a marble border to hide a totally mismatched seam.


The studio.  Zenobia and Whitney wanted the flowers, but Tanner and Finnick vetoed that.  I guess they aren't as secure in their masculinity as their father.

The house is pretty much done.  But reorganizing the doll storage and cleaning the rest of my apartment after doing all this remains.  That should be fun.  NOT! 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment