Pages

Monday, January 2, 2023

Pikes' Addition - Part Two

The work continues.  The walls have been stripped down to the plastic.  Working around the built in plumbing was quite a challenge - at least I managed to swivel the shower!  


 I tried to do the bathroom with a tropical green leaf border, using some of the contact paper I used to redo Sulu's Greenhouse.  I'm not happy with it, but I'm letting it sit for now.  


The hearth room got white marble.  A television inside that fireplace pops up when I hit a button.  Seriously?!  I know people put TVs over the mantel, but not if there's a window there! 


I tried to make the bathroom look better by painting the window in a tropical green.  Definitely gonna have to find some "wallpaper" that features pink, burgundy, and green.  This is just hideous as is.



Work moves into the bedroom.  All the assorted things displaced by rearranging furniture get crammed into the big dollhouse.  I had to move the tall bookshelf that houses Sulu's Greenhouse, the barn, and the grocery store to fit the coffee table in there - I want height for my play, because the dollhouses aren't the only things affected by aging.


Coffee table provides the height and a nice parking garage beneath!  My doll clothes bin and laundry basket fit nicely in the space between, although I might move them over by the closet. The addition has a tiny hot tub on that deck, but I'm partial to the big one I repurposed from an LOL playset. 


Day three.  I tossed all that stuff onto the bed and started moving rooms around.  Just outside of the picture is the foot of my bed - you can see it in the earlier picture.  This means the height isn't really an issue, because I can use the bed to be up and down, but getting decent lighting is a challenge. 

Notice I removed the attic bathroom - which I think I've used in one story post this entire time.  Mace and the littles have a bedroom there now.  (In-universe, Joe just took down the wall between rooms and repainted.  The slope is totally the underside of basement stairs.) 


Since the parents will be moving into the (very small) bedroom in the addition, I moved the twins into the attic bedroom.  The girls moved into the former kitchen, but in-universe they just redecorated.  More garage space and storage will go into vacated spaces.  


With that all squared away, I started sorting.  Pike and Rose-Grace's bed didn't fit, so they traded with Mace.  At least for now.  Experimenting with the placement of furniture in these rooms.  In universe, they've just remodeled the kitchen. 


Gonna have to purge some of this furniture, even with my plans to make some more sets on the tall bookshelf.  My purple bin just can't hold all that!  















No comments:

Post a Comment