Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Changing Things Up

 

I will no longer be doing the "soap opera" continuing story.  I will do a final episode to tie up the loose ends, don't worry.  I'm not gonna leave y'all hanging off a cliff.  

Yes, I still have my marbles.  Here they are.



I stopped decorating the dollhouse for holidays because it hurt my brain to have several Christmases with no one aging.  I thought I could fudge the timeline by having no obvious seasons, and therefore what's five years in real time can be a month in Barbieville.  And that has worked well for me, for the most part.

During the pandemic, I did end the school year.  Graduation during a pandemic was an interesting story.  My fudged timeline worked okay... all this time and its only been a year or two in Barbieville.  When you go back and look there has been a ridiculous amount of drama.  Which I guess is cool, since it's a soap opera, but if I was one of these characters, I'd be leaving town ASAP.  Place is dangerous.

I'm still stuck on the lack of aging.  Maybe I just think too much for long-term Barbie stories.  I did a bit of research (duh) into how other doll stories work with the aging issue, but none of those work for me.  One I found even replaces the child dolls periodically!  Some of them do a hard reset from time to time.  Some of them can successfully ignore the time passage. 

I've decided that what I will be doing is stand-alone stories, using the dolls are a sort of theater troupe.  Silly little holiday tales (so I can decorate the dollhouse again).  Classic books, fan fiction, who knows? I just know I'm stressing myself out and want my doll play fun again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment