This is what my dollhouse looked like when I started today's project. I have two goals: A better view out the back windows and doing something about the room/deck/room/deck situation on the third floor.
This is the existing view. Three large garden flags, barely large enough to cover the area and not lining up very well.
Why are these balloons so close to my window? Why are they colliding?
The new view is a conifer forest in the fog. Or the snow. My love of the Smokies may have influenced my choice here. This is a shower curtain.
The pass-through created between the kitchen and library doesn't work if I properly align the two house. Add that to the project goals.
The joining works okay on the second floor because there's only a cut out in one of the involved walls.
I removed the room from between decks, making one large deck. I want to keep the houses separate for ease of moving it around (if needed) so can't just throw some contact paper on there, at least not without the gap that was already bothering me.
My bricks are too big one way and too small the other way.
My other bricks are just too small altogether.
Fake grass looks promising.
Nope. It sags where the "stairwell" gap is and doesn't want to let anything stand up.
Cardboard covered with contact paper works well. At least until I can get some more cooperative grass.
Time for scenery.
Both library windows have views of a conifer forest.
I stuck a My Life As backdrop bit outside the dining room side window just so they didn't have to look at the stacked up folding playsets. This one is not a conifer.
One bedroom has been removed and another turned into a nursery/sewing room. They're down to four bedrooms for whatever family I finally decide on to live here.
And I did it with minimal disruption of the Halloween party. Some of the rooms have been moved around, obviously, and I'm thinking of replacing my soap opera with something akin to a sitcom. Recurring cast, but using dolls I can age up if needed. Like Fred could become the succession of Harry Potters if the story goes on long enough.
My intended replacement only got as far as a Shirley Jackson story and the "pilot" of a sequel to Friends, about the original cast's kids. I don't want to continue either of those because I don't wanna play in someone else's sandbox with my stories!
No comments:
Post a Comment