Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Pillaging the Pumpkin Patch

 Early November on Windu Acres


Fred: Why can't I ride back here with Stacie?  It's not fair.

Mace: You can if you agree to pay the ticket I'll get.  Got a couple hundred bucks laying around? 

Fred: How come we're taking the horse trailer but no horse? 

Mace: Hagrid will meet us there.  Anything that is too mushy for us, he takes to the preserve for the wild animals. Our stuff goes in the bed of the truck, his in the trailer.  

Fred: I like Hagrid.  He's like a giant hairy kid!


Hagrid: Once you adopt a few more helpers, or the ones you got grow up, you'll be able to keep the patch open after Halloween.  Do hay rides and stuff. 

Sulu: We did have live music this year, thanks to Mattie.  

Hagrid: Are you gonna adopt more kids?

Sulu: Five's our goal.  Bobby's hoping the next one is a boy. 


Stacie: You played for the customers?  I'd get stage fright so bad! 

Mattie (shrugs): More like I just played during down time.  Customers liked it, so Dad gave me more down time.  Some girl with pink hair tried to start a fight with me about Finnick.  It was weird.  

Stacie: Esperanza.  She's probably convinced he's cheating on Nakoma with you.  

Mattie: As if.  He's disgustingly in love with Nakoma. 


Mace: Hey, we ain't paying you gals to gossip!  

Mattie: We're waiting for you big strong men to start chucking pumpkins at us.  

Hagrid:  Dang, girl!  Where'd you come from that you think we're gonna throw these at you? 

Mattie: Give me a break.  I'm new at this farm girl stuff. 


Fred: This is neato.  Can we get in it?

Bobby: It's just a decoration.  I wish we'd get big enough to help, but Daddy says we have to weigh more than the pumpkins.  

Vivica: He's fibbing.  Mattie don't weigh more than the pumpkins and she gets to help. 

Fred: I babysit our little twins all the time and StepMommy says it's a big important job. So we are helping since we gotta keep Diana safe. 



Once the pumpkins are loaded, they discuss lunch. 

Hagrid: You pick the place, I pay the bill.  That's the deal every year and you know it. 

Mace: Might be a little different now that I've brought these two. 

Hagrid: Nope.  I expected Tanner, anyway. How's he working out? 

Mace: He's good.  Needs a poke every now and then, but who doesn't? 

Fred: Hagrid, tell Grandpa Mace to let me ride in the horsey trailer with you.  

Mace: Hagrid ain't the boss of me.  The only reason he's allowed to ride in the trailer is because he's a grown man and can pay his own ticket. 















No comments:

Post a Comment