Pages

Friday, June 24, 2022

Mrs. Moneybags: Third Elimination

 After the day at Zenobia's pride event, the group gathers in the office of The Point. 



Rayshawn: Well, ladies, it's time.  Marty and I have made our decision.  


Rayshawn: Doreen, you're this week's high score.  Fives from both of us.  You and yours are very compatible with the Lucas men.  That brings your total to 27. 

Doreen (claps her hands): I'm so glad! 



Rayshawn: Gwen, I gave you a three and Marty gave you a four.  We liked your family, but frankly, we just liked the Carsons better.  Your total is also 27.

Gwen: I'm not complaining.  I figured Doreen would take this one, with Tommy existing and all. 


Rayshawn: Sally, I'm sorry to say that you scored lowest this time.  One point from each of us.  From what you tell us of your family, it doesn't seem as if they'd be compatible with us at all.  We don't do gender roles and we certainly don't cast out people for things beyond their control. 

Sally: Nobody cast me out.  I chose to be here and do this. 

Rayshawn: You clearly feel that you had no better option.  Your total is sixteen. 



Rayshawn: Seven, you get four points form me and three from Marty.  From what you tell us, your family seems like our kind of people.  Your total is 21. 

Seven: Excellent. 



Rayshawn: Esperanza, you score two from each of us, despite the fact that we did find your mothers to be good people, bringing your total to thirteen.  You're going home.  

Esperanza: Yeah, I figured. 


Rayshawn: A parting gift of three thousand dollars.  No airfare home, since you live here in Barbieville.  

Esperanza: It's been quite an experience.  Thanks for the consideration.  (shakes hands and leaves)

Rayshawn:  Next week, we're relaxing more.  Just pulling our shifts in the front office, hanging around The Point, and at the end of the week....  (gestures to Nakoma)


Nakoma: For those of you who don't know me, I'm Nakoma Smith, one of the owners of Witch's Cove.  On Friday, we've reserved admission tickets for all of you.  Nothing like the pleasant exhaustion from a day at the amusement park to bring... 


Sally: I can't go to an amusement park!  With my health issues, I won't be able to ride anything!

Seven: There's lots to do besides ride.  Midway games, eating, shopping... even just people watching.



Gwen: Yeah, I can't ride much because of my back, but it's still a fun day. 

Doreen: See there?  Gwen can stay with you while we ride the things you can't.  

Sally: No, thank you.  (To Nakoma) I respectfully decline your offer.  I'll just stay here at the motel while they go. 


Nakoma: I did not expect that.  

Rayshawn: It's cool.  We'll just need one ticket less.  

Charlotte: Seriously?  You should make her go!  It's part of the deal! 

Rayshawn: I'm not in the habit of making people do things they don't want to.  (To Nakoma) Don't worry, you'll still get your money's worth in free advertising.  









No comments:

Post a Comment