Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2023

The Mini Library

 I saw this online.  It's a tiny library for use as stress relief.  
I bought it even though it was so close to Christmas.  Spank me.




When you get stressed out and want to throw things, the idea is that you can pick up this whole room and shake the poop outta it.    If the shaking doesn't calm you down, putting the books back on the shelf should.  Different ways of destressing.  One of my friends said it would stress her out more to put the books back on the shelves.  Another suggested it would be good for Barbieville.  

**Above photos are from the Internet.  Below, unless watermarked, are mine.**


It came with all the books in that bag.  They're just squares that look like books, but the covers are those of real books.  If you are so inclined, you can even organize them by series or author!  When I was stocking the shelves, I noticed classics and modern works.


As I told my friend, the scale is a bit off for use as a Barbie library.  I was disappointed that the latches for the lid are so big, but that's on me.  Them latches are right there in the pictures!  There aren't enough books to fill the shelves, either.  I can remove the latch from the bottom so it will sit level. Put it on one side or just make sure I hold the lid closed during the quake. 


Here are a few of the books.  I'm pleasantly surprised by this.  This is the area I expected them to fudge instead of the quantity.  Anyway... They are about the same size as my other mini books.



This is a Zuru Surprise Mini Brands book.  It opens and at least a few pages are the actual text of the real thing.  Others are that quasi-print miniature fans are used to.  These were first added to their Mini Toys and are now their own line.  It's started a firestorm of miniature books.  They are all over Etsy and myfroggystuff has printable ones.  Probably other crafters, too but Froggy is my go-to.

****** 

We Barbie folks have certain things we love and always must have in the dollhouse.  Potted plants, pets, artwork... it all depends on the individual.  For me it's books... and I've dealt with some slim pickings.


These are the books that sometimes come with a doll or fashion pack.  The composition books are cardboard, glued closed since the inside was plain.  The others are plastic with varying degrees of detail. None of them open.  Only one has a title "Recipe Book".  One appears to be a science book.  The scale varies, but that's okay because real books come in different sizes.


These are magazines I made.  I just cut out the pictures from subscription cards and glued them back-to-back.  In the case of Catster, I tried gluing it near the spine of a real magazine and cutting that to size.  


My dolls can actually open Catster!


These I got at a craft store.  They're book covers glued onto blocks of wood.  I have them all oriented with the spine to the correct side, to show that some of the covers are upside down!


These are another craft store find.  They're blank, but they open.  Maybe they're journals?


Here all the different types are together.  The mini library books are only slightly smaller than the craft store books.  The craft store journals are fatter but shorter.  Turns out my friend was right about the books working for my dolls.  

I do plan to display and use the mini library as intended.  It's just so much fun to shake the poop outta an entire tiny room!  But have no doubt, y'all, the individual books may very well show up in Barbieville photos.  



2 comments:

  1. Congrats and shame on you! I saw this on eBay but I thought it was bigger too! If you like the shaking and mess of the bookshelf you'll love my pocketbook! A real mess! I agree it is hard to find books done well. I don't have as many as you but I plan to add more.

    ReplyDelete