Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Family Business

Albus and Pocahontas are hauling the salvageable pieces from the Haunted House fire into the woods.  By spring, the wild west train will be a spooky train.


Pocahontas: You didn't have to bring everything at once.  We can make several trips.

Albus:This isn't even close to everything.  Phoebe's still cleaning props.  (laughs)  It's a good thing she's going into a line of work that doesn't make much money - it'd be a shame to lose her.  That girl is a worker.  

Pocahontas: She could make money at it if she joins one of those ghost hunter shows.

Albus: She says the quest for ratings would ruin the science of it.  She's a keeper, I'm telling you.  (Music comes from his pocket.)  I get six calls a day telling me the IRS is after me.  


Albus: No, that's a local number.  (Answers the phone)  Hello? Yes, what is it?  What?!  No, no, I'll be right there!   (To Pocahontas) I have to go.  My camper's been destroyed!  

Pocahontas:  What happened?

Albus: I'm not sure.  It's been hit before by people pulling in or out of the spots beside it, but if Lynch said destroyed...

Pocahontas: Then it's destroyed.  Take my car, I've already unloaded it.  


As she watches him drive away, a plan begins forming in her mind.  

******

At the Barbieville Museum, a secret meeting has taken place.  


Helena: I'm meeting my children for dinner, but I wanted to show you this on the way out.  It's a good example of the variety of our exhibits. 

Morgan: When I signed on to teach at the college, I spoke to your husband and he didn't seem to think you would be open to including paleontology.

Helena: My focus is on human history, but I've hosted traveling exhibits about natural history and they were always very popular.  Children in particular find it fascinating.  


Morgan: And some of us never outgrew it!  (Both laugh)  Enjoy your lunch with your children.  I'm off to surprise my brother with the news that I'm moving to town permanently. 


Zenobia: I was starting to think you'd forgotten us.  

Helena: Don't be silly.  I'm only five minutes late.  Have you given any thought to my appearance on your show?  I want to use every source available to shut down this nonsense about The Point.

Zenobia: Didn't even have to think about it.  Did you know my subscribers doubled when I changed the name to Openly Biased?  Tris pointed out that it wasn't really a vlog, at least not any more, so my name for it didn't fit.


Boudica: I'd like to go on there and tell everyone how Charlotte Jackson treats her husband.  The poor man is in a coma and she barely stops in once a week to check on him.  His kids live halfway across the country and check in on him daily.

Helena: We do not air people's dirty laundry publicly.  

Boudica: I know.  That's why I'm not doing it.  But I sure want to! 


Helena: Speaking airing the dirty laundry of others.  Draco. 

Draco: Me?  What did I do? 

Helena: Albus Dumbledore is a pillar of the community, strange as that may be.  I've also heard that you've been making antisemitic comments about the Mellarks.

Draco: Anti-what?

Leia: He doesn't even have a working vocabulary.


Draco: Shut up.  You're adopted.  The only one with brown hair.  

Leia:  You're adopted.  The only one with -- 


Helena:  Leia! 

Leia: -- an attitude problem? 



No comments:

Post a Comment