Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Take A Meeting

Helena surprises the mayor by bringing a few extra people to their appointment.


Helena: We're here about The Point.  Every one of our businesses could lose substantial revenue from its closure.  Others, too, but they weren't available. If the businesses fail, the town will, as well. Muneca Lake tourism --  


Rose-Grace: You're preaching to the choir.  Unfortunately, my hands are tied.  Charlotte Jackson owns the property and has the right to close the campground.  All I can do is suggest you file to block her zoning change to residential.  If you want to do that, Kyra can take care of the paperwork for you.  I suggest doing it separately and not as a coalition - make sheer numbers work for you.


Helena: As the museum director, I can file today.  What about you?

Pocahontas: I own the park.  So can I.  But Pike and Violet have higher-ups to answer to. 

Violet: Midna's already authorized me to speak for Sunburst. Let's do this.

Pike: I'll have to get my bosses to actually file.  For one thing, my being married to the mayor might create an issue.  But they'll do it.  They already know what's going on.  


Pike stops for a private word as the group leaves.

Rose-Grace: Did you get the text from Morgan?  

Pike: I did, and I talked to her.  It's not anything to worry about. 

****


Pocahontas finds Albus settling in for the night at The Overlook.

Albus: Thanks for letting me crash here.  Having what was left of my camper hauled out and getting a storage unit took my whole paycheck.  Maybe I should ask my boss for a raise.

Pocahontas: Your boss will do more than that, if you accept the offer.  You can stay with us until we move into the new house, then the trailer can be your place.  Saves us both a lot of trouble.

Albus: I wouldn't want to impose.

Pocahontas: You're family.  Besides, Anakin's so excited to have another male in the house that he might explode.  I guess he's drowning in estrogen.



Albus:  Well, in that case, what are we waiting for? 

*****



After supper, Morgan and the Pike grandparents arrive for a Family Meeting.

Tanner: OK, Dad, what's all this about?

Stacie:  Who's getting married or having a baby?

Fred: I hope nobody got dead.


Pike:  Aunt Morgan is coming to live in Barbieville.  She'll be working at -- 

Fred squeals in delight and leaps into Morgan's lap hard enough to knock her out of the chair.


Morgan (laughing):  As your dad was saying, I'm teaching at the college and running an exhibit at the museum.   I'm staying with Mom and Dad til I find an apartment. 

Fred:  Auntie gonna live wif us!  

Morgan and Pike together: No, Auntie isn't.   


No comments:

Post a Comment