Pages

Monday, March 2, 2020

A Much Needed Uplift

A little background for those who may not know:  I'm a Depressive and refer to said Depression as a demon in my head or the tenth personality.  As in "nine out of ten of my personalities approve".  The personification's name is Sybrie The Tenth.

Sybrie spent a good part of today raging at me that I'm a failure at life.  Specifically because I never had the brood of children I so badly wanted.  The same brood people "know" I have the moment they see evidence of my SSDI and supplemental Welfare programs. 

Heather, a recently adopted minion, texted to see if I was home.  She recently got her IRS refund, is quite generous of spirit, and had asked which Harry Potter dolls I don't have yet.  I'm hoping all those clues indicate she's bringing me someone. One being the key syllable.


She did.
Sybrie shut the eff up so fast!


I knew once I'd gotten over the wonderful surprise, at least to some extent, my hordes of Barbieville followers would want to know about this.  So here we are!

The Yule Ball dolls have the same articulation as the previous runs.  They can stand on their own, at least when wearing shoes.  We all know how seldom that happens in Barbieville! I couldn't get Cho to stand on her own. 

The first run and Quidditch dolls were based on Chamber of Secrets, in which they were 12/13.  This run obviously is based on Goblet of Fire, when they were 14/15.  As a result, these dolls have a new and more mature face sculpt. 


I think the guys look better without the dress robes.  (Poor Ron.) 


Comparison between Dan (90s Harry) and the newer versions.  The ones already living in Barbieville are named for the character or the actor.  Not sure what name Yule Ball Harry is going to answer to.  Yule Ball Harry's longer hair is more of a dark brown.  

Like Belle (Yule Ball Hermione), he will join the blended Potter/Granger family.  Belle was living with her dad.  I wonder where this guy was?



The Rons.  The new,  slightly more mature boy will likely be Rupert.  For the actor, just like Dan above and Emma below.  His hair is shaggier and a different shade of redhead. 

I've already established that Ron's only sibling is Ginny.  Maybe Rupert is Becky's little brother and therefore a cousin.



Emma is the 90s Hermione.  Hermione, in center, is from the Chamber of Secrets run.  Yule Ball Hermione, who I got for my birthday, was named Belle after one of Emma Watson's other roles.  Hmm... does that mean Yule Ball Harry is gonna be Iggy?  Horns is the only other Daniel Radcliffe movie I've seen.

I think these faces have the biggest difference.  Hermione looks far more serious than Belle and has more freckles.  Belle's even got a bit of a smirk. 



The Yule doll girls have different feet!  Cho and Belle are holding the big toe away from the rest.  Hermione isn't.


I don't have any previous Chos, so I'll compare her to Belle.  Same body mold, but the noggins are different.  Cho's face looks to be slightly rounder and Belle's nose is thinner.  I thought they had the same earrings, but no.  Both flowers, but details vary.

 Cho is an excellent likeness of Katie Leung.  Not sure how she's going to fit into Barbieville.  Yet.


Heather also gave me Belle for my birthday.  
Can you tell she's a Potterhead?  
HUFFLEPUFF PRIDE!






4 comments:

  1. Great post! I am excited to see the comparisons. I actually have the older version of Harry but he will be part of the next doll giveaway (whenever I can get that organised). I also have an extra Ron. I bought them to provide a school uniform and dress outfit for my new Petworks Eight doll who made a brief appearance on New Year's Eve dancing at Kalisa Holmes' party. I've been so tempted to buy that Cho doll but I have resisted so far... she's so cute... Lead me not into temptation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had another look at the last photo... She's really lovely... STOP!!! LOL!

      Delete
    2. I know the feeling. So many nice dolls, so little space and money! I've had to impose a few rules on myself to keep things in check. IE, any doll I buy has to already have a role in the story or an existing role must be recast! (Gifts are excluded.)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting the new dolls! Are the newer versions of Mattel Harry and Ron the same size as the older dolls? I recently saw that someone had removed the hair cap off the dolls and done things to create different hair styles.

    ReplyDelete