Pages

Friday, March 6, 2020

Best Laid Plans

Barbieville High School, 8 am


Cho:  Two new guys on the same day?  Do you suppose they're brothers? 

Belle: I know they aren't.  The brunette is my stepbrother Iggy.  He's moved in with Mom and James, too, but I'm not sure why.  I know his mom wasn't deployed!  


Belle: Who's your friend, Iggy?  

Iggy: This is Rupert.  We met on the plane.  

Rupert: Yeah, it was weird to be seated next to a guy heading to the same little town!  

Cho: Oh, you're a Weasley!  I see the resemblance to Ron now!  (laughs at the surprise on all three faces.)  Everyone in Barbieville knows everyone.   You'll get used to it.

********

Barbieville High School, 10 am 



Whitney: I know Mariko has to work after school.  What are you doing, Nakoma?

Nakoma: Fittings for the wedding.  You can tag along if you want. 

Whitney: If you're sure it's okay.  I'll have Wilma.

Mariko: You always have Wilma.  It's like you gave birth to her or something.  (they all laugh) I'm glad Nova and Jeremiah aren't going all fancy.  We'll just be in old prom dresses. 

Nakoma: Pocahontas isn't going near as fancy as she could.  She's decided the wedding colors are shades of blue and "precious metals" rather than spend a bit extra.    

Whitney: She's smart.  Saving money, time, and stress.

Nakoma: Weddings are supposed to be expensive and stressful! 

****

Mayor's office, 1 pm


Rose-Grace: I know you're trying to finish up your work for the day, but you need to see this. 

Kyra: What is it?  Oh, the people who got into the empty downtown buildings.  (Murmurs as she reads over the list of names, then stops in horror.)  That can't be right.  He can't be... 

Rose-Grace: I double checked everything.  Unless there's another guy of the same name and the same background, it's him.  

****
The Malfoy Residence, 7pm 


Paris: I don't see any harm in letting him drop the class.  If he isn't comfortable, why make him?

Helena: You never see the harm in giving him what he wants, and life is full of uncomfortable situations.  After his brush with the law, I am done looking the other way while you spoil him.  He is not in charge! 

Paris: When he inherits everything, he will be. 

Helena: Everything?  That's ridiculous.  You have a wife and three other children!

Paris: Not everything, of course.  You and the girls will be provided for.  But the bulk of my estate will go to my male offspring.  That's Draco, since you have failed provide me with more. 

Helena: Look, we agreed that the child-rearing was to be my domain.  

Paris: You are the mother. 

Helena: Draco will remain in that class, and he will do any charity work I decide to volunteer him for, and he will learn to at least pretend to have some respect for his fellow human beings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment