Pages

Monday, April 26, 2021

More Plots and Plans

 


Nakoma: What are you doing?  Isn't this your brother's job?

Finnick: I told him I would do this so he could talk to Whitney.  She's pretty mad about us plotting against Esper.  Barely got any rehearsal in, which sucks because our schedules are so hard to coordinate anymore. 

Nakoma: I told you not to mention it to Whitney.  She's convinced if she rocks the boat, it'll break her mom and Brent up. 

Finnick: Brent's sister's kid is the one rocking the boat.  

Nakoma: Put down the... whatever that is.  I'll help you after I get you calmed down. 


A bit later, Finnick asks what Pocahontas said about the Overlook renovation. 

Nakoma: I think she's too much like Mom to admit she liked the changes, but she gave me the go-ahead to plan a grand event.  Once the windows are installed, it'll be all but ready.  

Finnick: Make it formal.  I wanna see you all done up like a princess, you're so beautiful.  

Nakoma: You know what, I've got an idea.  We can get Esper without a huge plot.  Just a little one. 

****

Inside, Pike just opened his mouth and inserted his foot. 


Mace (laughing): Oh, man.  You're lucky I know you're just ignorant.  I'd hate to have to beat you down in front of these babies. 

Rose-Grace: You told Taylor to do what?! 

Pike: Umm... is this a black thing or a girl thing? 


Rose-Grace:  Both, actually.  We've been getting told to keep our heads down and be on our best behavior forever!   (sighs)  What have I told you is the go-to line when dealing with racists or misogynists? 

Pike: But Snape's not a racist or a misogynist.  He did the same thing to the twins.

Rose-Grace: Snape's a classist, and he's stereotyping our children.  The line applies here. 

Pike: Rise above and prove him wrong.  But isn't that the same thing? 

Mace (still laughing): You told Taylor to know her place.  Toe the line.  Be a good little -- 

One of the phones on the table goes off.  Rose-Grace grabs it, annoyed at the interruption. 




Rose-Grace: This is a really bad time, Lynch.  (pause) Okay, but... (pause)  Is she all right?! 



No comments:

Post a Comment