Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Saturday at Windu Acres

 


Tanner is intent on the movie they're watching, but Whitney keeps stealing glances at him.  The things Esperanza has been saying are preying at her, even though she trusts Tanner completely.  She steels herself and makes her move.


Tanner: Hey, what are you doing?  Nothing inside the clothes, remember?

Whitney: Well, I've been thinking about that.  We aren't in high school anymore, you know.  We both want to and we've been together so long.

Tanner:  Wait, what?  Who the hell have you been talking to?

Whitney:  Esperanza says...

He pushes her away, gently, but she can tell he's angry.


Tanner: What's she been saying to you, to make you act so weird?  Well, weird-for-you. 

Whitney: Don't you ever get mad at me for making you wait?  I mean, you're a grown man and men... 

Tanner: Don't you dare say men have needs.  (Heavy sigh)  Whitney, I love you.  I think you've got good reasons for waiting.  Don't let anyone, even me, pressure you into it.  

Whitney: But most of my reasons are gone now.  We've graduated, you're working... 

Tanner: Back up a bit.  What has Esperanza been saying about this?  

*****


Taylor:  When you get to High School avoid taking his class.  

Nikki: It's a required class and he's the only teacher for it.  I kinda have no choice.  Besides, all he did was say some mean stuff.  I can ignore that. 

Taylor: It's different from a teacher, and I think he's grading my work unfairly.  I had almost word-for-word the same answers as Alex and she got a way higher grade. 


Candy: Let me guess.  Severus Snape? 

Taylor: You just stroll in like you own the place.  

Candy: I gave birth to about half the residents, so I can do that.  

Nikki: I wonder if he's a racist. 

Candy: He just assumes kids of privilege are going to expect special treatment. When the boys had his class, it was a constant stream of "Your dad married the mayor, that doesn't make you special".  It got so stupid, Pike had me going to conferences with that guy even though I'm not the custodial parent. 

Taylor: Oh, yeah, I remember that now.  Maybe he got bullied in school and now he takes it out on us.

Candy: As if that's an excuse. 

*****


One look at his twin tells Finnick volumes.  

Finnick: Kids, maybe you should wait to watch the movie... 

Stacie: No way!  You promised! 

Anakin: I've only got a couple of hours til I have to go home.

Tanner (grumbling):  It's okay.  Instead of little sister getting lost this time, I guess the big brothers can.  But you're coming with me, Fin.  I got some bitching to do. 


Finnick lets Tanner tells the entire story.  Esperanza's accusations that he's not really with Mace, the constant comparisons to other couples (including Finnick and Nakoma), even comments about Wilma. 

Finnick: Okay, first off, Wilma's beside the point.  You don't want what Wilma's father had because that was messed up.  When you're with Grandpa, you're at work.   Would she be saying that if you still worked at the Cove? 

Tanner: Probably.  You and Nakoma would be helping me cheat on Whitney. 

Finnick: So basically, Esperanza is convincing Whitney that unless y'all have sex, you're going to spilt. (chuckles) Isn't pressuring the girlfriend into sex the boyfriend's job?  

Tanner: I told Whitney it didn't hurt Four and Tris any to wait for marriage.  We can do the same if she wants.  She's terrified of getting pregnant again when she still lives with her mom. 

Finnick: Esperanza's got a problem.  Nakoma had to tell her off because she was always asking stuff like that about us.  Someone should teach her a lesson. 

Tanner: You up for some patented Pike Twins Shenanigans? 























No comments:

Post a Comment