Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Frozen 2 Doll Set

I've had my eye on the Frozen 2 Forest Expedition Set for a while now.  It's been on the clearance shelf at my Walmart, and I waited until the price fell to the "less than ten bucks a doll" point because I knew the dolls have only five points of articulation.  Ten dollars is my limit on these dolls because I know I'm just gonna bring em home and body-swap them.

WARNING! NUDE DOLLS AHEAD! ALSO HEADLESS NUDE DOLLS! 
 

The packaging shows the sisters with Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf.  No dolls of those three, though!  Instead, we get new characters Ryder and Honeymaren.  I've not seen the movie, so I know very little about these two, but their faces are charming. Honestly, if they'd been available single, I woulda bought them that way.  Anna and Elsa I can take or leave.  Disney dolls tend toward Vapid Face. 

In this set, though, the sisters have a little smile.  They don't look particularly smart but at least there's a bit of personality.  Ryder looks like a lovable goof and Honeymaren has a smirk.  They're gonna be fun and I already have a plan in mind for them.  My plan for Elsa fell through, but more on that later.


Anna's boots are black with vaguely Germanic detailing.  Elsa's are white with (of course) an ice motif.


Ryder and Honeymaren's boots are rustic looking.  Detailing on hers makes them look so warm and fuzzy!  I think his are meant to be leather.  I love the tassels.


Ryder and Honeymaren have belts.  Nice molded details and more tassels.


I was worried their hats might be molded to their heads, but they are not.  Ryder's hair is molded, but it actually looks like hair, so I'm okay with that.  Honeymaren's is rooted and way longer than I expected.  For some reason, I thought it was barely past her shoulders.  


Since these are Hasbro dolls and most of my donor bodies are Mattel, matching skin tones proved to be a challenge.  Honeymaren (who I'll probably just end up calling Honey or Maren) gets a Liv body. Which is neither Mattel or Hasbro.


Ryder's face is a shade darker than his new body (Disney Descendants), but he can be one of them silly people who never puts sunscreen on his face.  He lost a good bit of bulk, but he's okay with that. Now he can change his pants and move more than five joints.  


Elsa is almost a perfect match for the Comfy Disney Princess.  Probably because they're both Hasbro.  I was gonna run with the whole Ice Queen thing and make her the prosecuting attorney for Doll County, but now she's, like, fourteen.  


Poor Anna.  Her closest matches, a Disney Descendants and a 90's Barbie, were too far off.  Her face is too dark for one and too light for the other.  So for now she's stuck on her original body.


The packaging had this scene in it.  You know you'll see it again.  If nothing else, it'll become a mural in the hospital waiting room.  

My Froggy Stuff has a video for making storefronts out of the big boxes - so far I've got this one and the Barbie Grocery. Grocery came with a good background, too, but it got damaged when I was removing the goodies.  Might be within my skill set to repair.  It's been on my to-do list since, like, Valentine's Day or something.


Back in their original outfits.  Elsa and Ryder are swimming in theirs and Honeymaren can't close the velcro on hers.  That's okay, though.  All my dolls share wardrobe and these pieces will fit somebody!



5 comments:

  1. WOW! So you got the set! I only got the Ryder doll and I used a Justin Bieber body on him. I am glad you were able to use the clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen Ryder or Honeymaren except for in the set. Where did you find just Ryder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Ryder on ebay and there were 2 or 3 at the time. So what do you do with the Disney bodies with the molded on clothes? I have about 4 or 5 that need a home.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I usually just pitch 'em since they're only five pointers! More articulation will get some undies or swimwear permitted.

      Delete