Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Loose Ends Tied

 Zenobia goes to Windu Acres, hoping to speak with Rose-Grace, and is pleasantly surprised to meet Candy in the driveway. 


Zenobia: You're out of the hospital? Already? 

Candy: Oh, yeah.  My quick reflexes saved me from most major damage.  The knee's probably busted for life and I feel like a truck hit me, but otherwise... (laughs) Gee, I wonder why I feel like a truck hit me?  

Zenobia: I don't even know if I should be talking to you.  I think I'm a suspect. 

Candy: I think we're okay as long as we don't talk about the incident.  Are you looking for the boys?  Tanner's helping Mace and Finnick took the little ones to watch the parade.  They should be back soon, if you want to wait. 

Zenobia: I'm actually looking for Rose-Grace.  I need to talk to her about a project I was doing.  


Rose-Grace arrives as they're talking, on horseback.  She dismounts and starts removing the tack from Ka-Gae while they talk. 

Zenobia: I know I told you I'd put together something for Pride Week this year, but with everything going on...  

Rose-Grace: You've been working alone?  I thought you had a group working with you. 

Zenobia: Well, I don't.  I don't even get a chance to explain your definition of family-friendly before people yell about discrimination.  So I gave up looking for help and put something together on my own.

Candy: Sad to say, most of them yelling have a point.  My boys and their girlfriends get away with way more PDA than Ken and Peter do. 

Rose-Grace:  Peeta, not Peter.  (to Zenobia) Look, I know a festival for a marginalized community is best planned by that community, but use the allies you have.  You've got a lot of straight friends who totally support this.  Whole houseful of us right here. 

Candy: Hell, I'll sign up right now.  

Zenobia:  You can't.  A vehicle registered under my name ran over you, remember?  

Candy: Excuse me, young lady, but it only tried to run over me and failed miserably.

******

Across town:


Lynch: Helena was struck sometime that evening and not found until morning, and neither man can prove where they were for the entire night.  James Potter was at home with several witnesses when Charlie was hit, and with a patient when Candy was.  We have no idea where Paris Malfoy was either time.  Both mornings, he claims to have been in his office at the college, but no one saw him there.  

Carol: I think we should wait until we find the vehicle, have CSI go over it, and... 

Lynch: And get a few more of my citizens killed or injured?  No.  I'm bringing Malfoy in. 

Carol: You're going to regret it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment