Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

Surprise!

Seven and Tierra arrive at The Point, identify themselves as Mr. Moneybags contestants, and are given keys to their rooms.


Seven:  This is the place owned by Mr. Moneybags?  It's awfully tacky.

Tierra: Well, he did say in the packet that he's rescuing the place.  Probably got it cheap.

Seven: For obvious reasons.  Heart shaped beds?  Seriously?

Tierra: It's clean.  No broken windows.  I'm okay with it.


Seven: You're easily pleased.  There's not even a pool!

Tierra: Did you miss that lake out there?   (laughs)  Honestly, from the description, it's nicer than I expected.  If it was a nice place, it wouldn't need rescued.

Seven: I guess you're right.  I just didn't expect the No-Tell Motel.  


Tierra: I just hope our luggage gets here soon.  That poor girl collapsed at Halfsies, and I didn't have the heart to make them wait on me during all that.  

Seven: We'll go back later, after the excitement dies down.  Did you notice the girl at the front desk called us out-of-towners?  That means some of our competition is local women.  They might have an edge, since they probably know the guy. 

Tierra: He can't be too enthused about the locals if he's doing all this.  I wonder when the others will arrive.  

Seven: Well, we do have a week before filming begins.

*****

At the hospital, Pike and Rose-Grace wait for word about Taylor.


Rose-Grace: All we know at this point is that she's in surgery.  We're waiting.

Mace (on phone): Should I call Finnick at work?  

Rose-Grace: Wait until we hear more.  Are all the other kids home?  

Mace:  Yes, and the Pikes.  McG is cooking dinner - not sure what it is, but it smells great.  


Pike:  They're here, hon.  (Rose-Grace promised to call Mace back and hangs up)  Is Taylor okay?  What happened to her? 

Lara: It was her appendix.  She's out of danger and on her way to Recovery.  She's going to be fine.

Marcus:  But there is a complication of sorts.  Please sit down, this will take some explaining.


Marcus:  During the surgery, we noticed something unusual.  

Rose-Grace:  Oh, God, it's cancer?! 

Lara: No. (To Marcus) I told you not to put it like that.  (To the parents) We found a testicle where Taylor's ovary should be. 


Pike:  She's a hermaphrodite? 

Lara: The preferred term is Intersex, but yes.  (To Rose-Grace)  My records indicate she's never --

Rose-Grace: I thought she was just a late bloomer.  Mom was a late bloomer, and so was I. 

Lara:  I'll have to do more tests to be sure, but I suspect Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome.  AIS is usually not detected until puberty.  

Rose-Grace:  Do what you need to do.  Get answers.  (To Marcus)  Can we see her now?




No comments:

Post a Comment