Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Mrs. Moneybags Premiere

As the camera crew gets ready, Rayshawn comes into The Point's office and is surprised to see some familiar faces.


Rayshawn:  Doreen?  Gwen?  You're about the last faces I expected to see.  

Doreen: Our packets had our names on them. 

Rayshawn: Oh, they removed the names before I saw any of that.  So I wouldn't associate your renovation ideas with any faces until the time came.  Charlotte's in charge of the personal data, at least for now.


Tierra (whispering):  He already knows some of us?  That doesn't seem fair. 

Seven (whispering): Don't sweat it.  If they were anyone he's attracted to, this whole situation wouldn't exist.  


Esperanza: I'm a local, too.  At least technically, but I consider myself a Baltimore girl.  We lived there until recently.

Sally: I've been to Baltimore a few times.  Lovely city.  


The cameras are rolling as Rayshawn addresses the group.

Rayshawn:  Ladies, I'm Rayshawn Lucas, the man for whose affections you'll be competing for.   This young man at my side is Marty Lucas, my son and a fellow judge in the elimination rounds.  And this is Charlotte Jackson.  She's the person you've all been communicating with up til now.  Your task today is a simple one - tell the audience a little about yourself.  You'll be interviewed in your rooms.


Doreen:  I'm Doreen Carson, a kindergarten teacher and widowed mother of three.  I'm pretty old-fashioned, but I hope to continue to teach if I win this, just because I love the little ones.  I'm not afraid of hard work and thinking outside the box, but my age might be an issue.  I could be the mother of some of my competition!


Regina: Regina Vidal.  I'm an influencer.  (Rattles off a list of social media handles.)  I'm willing to do whatever it takes.  I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win.  Hashtag Reggie V! 


Seven: My name is Seven Lincoln.  Yes, Seven.  It's a spiritually powerful number, or so my parents tell me.  (laughs)  I'm a waitress, never married, no kids, and frankly I'm just tired of living from check to check.   I know it's a long shot, especially after seeing some of my competition, but I'm just going to be myself and hope for the best.  


Tierra: My name is Tierra Parker.  I have a degree in Theater Arts, am serving an internship at a major Broadway Theater and working as an exotic dancer to pay the bills.  My goal here is to come out with some valuable experience, if not with a wealthy husband. 


Gwen: I'm Gwen Jones, a single, childless English teacher.  I love teaching, but if I can marry wealth, so much the better.  Those Student Loans would be gone before the honeymoon ended!  


Esperanza: Esperanza Hernandez, actress and dancer.  I used to sing, but my vocal cords were damaged by illness.  I've quite open-minded, having been raised by two mothers, and I think that gives me an advantage over some of the more conservative ladies here.  


Sally: Sally West.  I was a rodeo performer until a work place accident left me unable to do so.  


In the office, while filming goes on elsewhere, Rayshawn consults with Charlotte and Marty. 

Charlotte: Well, you certainly drew in an eclectic group of possible brides.  God help you. 

Rayshawn (laughing): If you can't be nice, I'll fire you.  

Marty: You aren't paying her, Dad.  How can you fire her? 
 
Charlotte: What about you, Martin?  Do you approve of this bunch of slatterns? 

Rayshawn: Your opinion is just as important as mine - something else Charlotte and I disagree on. 

Marty: I don't know yet.  I just met them for like two minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment