Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

July Haul, including some DIY

I know it's a bit early for July Haul, but I'm going to be busy until August!  Also, I'm only planning these "Haul" posts for the first six months of the blog - just to give readers an idea of what I use.   Any major finds will still get a post, but not all the little bits.  


Ben's noggin really bothered me - the sheer size of it and the cartoonish features.  Since he only appeared in one story, and that as an extra, I can head swap him pretty easily.  The body does have a slightly rosier skin tone, but it's pretty close.  The combination of  man bun and fingerless gloves gives Ben character.  (Why all the man bun hate, anyway?)  I didn't choose the noggin because he was Asian.  I don't do diversity for its own sake.  But hey! 


Mariko enjoying the new chairs on the deck.  These are actually meant for cell phones.


Cacti, bamboo, and colorful rubber bands.  My hair gets colorful bands, why not theirs?  The various sets for my stories can benefit from a (fake) potted plant or two.  


A daybed made from a "cigar box", electrical tape, and wrapping paper.  


Finnick: I really like your new bed.
Fred: It's too little for you but I got lots of growing room!
Finnick: Comes in handy for keeping those stuffies off the floor, too.


Diner booth made from heavy cardboard, paperboard, contact paper, wrapping paper, and duct tape.


I hope someone is a better cook or waitress than photographer.  Off with their heads!
Ben: Oh, no, not again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment