Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Monster High and Kelly/Chelsea

I've gone on record as not being a fan of the Monster High dolls.  Barbie gets constant flak about her unrealistic proportions, but Monster High dolls look like a lemon balancing on a bamboo skewer.  I did discover that Monster High clothes will fit certain Barbie-line dolls.  The toddlers.  

Before I go any farther. let me clarify - I am aware they are Monsters and therefore maybe emaciated.  It's actually the disproportion between head and body that bothers me.  I bear no ill will toward fans of the line - I even find the concept intriguing and own MH "stuff", but not dolls.


Vivica's maxi dress was meant to be a mini dress.  Jenny is wearing a shirt as a dress.  Kelly's is a mini dress for Monster High, and a maxi dress for these guys.  I realized upon taking this picture that  Kelly's dress needs altered.   (Vivica is a Chelsea and so a bit taller.)


Now, here's the thing - these clothes are a reasonable, if snug, fit on their intended wearers.  They're quite tight on the Barbie toddlers, as if the parents don't have the heart to throw out favorite dresses that are being outgrown.  So the Monster High dolls are actually skinnier than Barbie toddlers!  


Kelly's dress after my alterations.  No toddler cleavage on my watch!  Removed the lower ruffle to make it short enough - the remaining ruffle still gives the shorter tots a Morticia Addams look, but they can just walk carefully.  Like Morticia. 

Anyway, on to my point with this entire rant.  I found Elissabat in a yard sale and  I bought her specifically for her cute dress.  She went into my yard sale bin after a good cleaning and I dressed Vivica in her clothes.  She looked really cute from the front, no alterations needed.


And this happened.  The Monster High body mold has been changed?!  They're even skinner now?!  Seriously?!  I'm so mad even though I'm only out 50 cents.  I'm keeping the bat-shaped cake pops, at least.  

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the MH dolls. I am not a fan, but get why some do like them, just not my cup of tea. I feel the same way about all of the big-headed dolls - not a fan, but I do like some of their accessories and clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of my furniture is Monster High - and the school!

      Delete