Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Backdrops

The only backdrops I've had thus far in Barbieville are the scenic place mats.  They are fine if I manage to  hide the quotes behind dolls or props.  (You can see them, badly camouflaged, behind Finnick's head in the scene where Nakoma smooches him.)  So far I've managed to create passable indoor scenes, usually on my kitchen counters.  

I'm too lazy to do a full-on My Froggy Stuff, and my storage space is limited, so I've been keeping my eyes out for things I can use - only so many scenes can be set in their house and the school!  My local Wal-Mart had back drops for their line of 18 inch dolls (My Life?) and I kept eyeballing them.  They eventually went on clearance and I nabbed the one that would take the least work to convert for Barbie scale. 

 

 One side was the dressing room above, a scene I do not need or want but saw possibilities in.  (This is the insert from the package - I didn't think to get a photo before redecorating.) 


I used the lower pane of the arched window as a guide and wallpapered it.  I went with pink since it matched best the preexisting bright magenta.  A few bits peeked over the top, so I used mini post cards as framed pictures to hide them.  The top of the floor mirror was harder to figure out.  I used contact paper to extend the window panes that were "behind" it.  Now there's some weird pink thing outside the window!  The wallpaper has bubbles in it.  Now I know why Froggy uses glue sticks.  This will be the diner, which never claimed five star status.


The other side is meant to be a classroom, but I think it can work as Rose-Grace's office.  Since it's meant to be the background, the desk is actually to scale when I stand Rose-Grace beside it!  I haven't decided yet if I want to leave the white board as it or turn it into a window.  Windows I can do, as you will see in a bit.


This was the insert in the Camping Fun SUV.  It's not very real looking, but it makes for a great mural in the waiting room of the Medical Center!  The marble was added to hide the uneven bottom.


The back of the camping scene was blank, so I made Pike an ugly little office with a fantastic view.  The floral wallpaper is the back side of printer paper.  The bulletin board is another bit of printer paper cut to size.  The things posted are bits I had in the crafting supplies, from various sources. The window is skinny colored tape and a calender page.  Wall art is more of those mini postcards.   


The difference in size is obvious when they're folded to put away with the other backdrops.  The SUV insert is barely taller than the dolls!  There will be lots of sitting in those scenes.  Stay tuned to see what adventures go down in these settings... 

No comments:

Post a Comment