Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August Haul

This blog is six months old already!  Time flies, right?  This will be the last of my monthly haul posts - I think y'all have seen enough to get the idea of the sort of things I use for my dolls.  I've got some lazybones DIY on the proverbial workbench, some sewing for dolls and mending for humans, and of course I'm always on the lookout for new Barbieville citizens.

 

The Pikes snuck out between stories and hit the Appalachian Trail.


I don't know if they hiked naked, though... doesn't seem prudent to me.  


Found them a new kitchen table.  It's smaller than the old one but the legs are intact and it came with chairs I can use in other scenes. The seat cushions are missing, but that's no big deal.  I'll lazybones DIY them. From the Sweet Roses line - notice the rose at the top of the leg?  So pretty.  (I may have used the chairs in a most recent photo story...)


The mirrored table top is reversible and has a working Lazy Susan.  I really love that mirrored side, so I just popped the Lazy Susan off and it's a big veggie tray for parties now.  I think it was a veggie tray, but the stickers were pretty faded...  either way, it's a veggie tray now!  


The disco ball was missing from the Monster High when I got it.  This one's not a Skullette, but it will work nicely.  The yard sale I got this at had several real human sized disco balls!  I didn't get one - ceiling's too low in my apartment.  


Rusty got some new britches.  You're jealous.  Who doesn't want black pants with shiny stripes? As usual, I did have to take the waist in. Skinny thing, my plastic daughter.

1 comment: