Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Boys and Dolls

I'm not a fan of gender roles, to put it mildly.  Neither do I believe a doll has the power to alter a child's perception of themselves or their future sexuality.  I've had many male minions who played with my Barbies and, to the best of my knowledge, none of them is gay and none of the females developed eating disorders.  Something I have noticed is the boys play with them differently than the girls do. Whether that's society or brain wiring, I don't know.


Two of the guests at my Halloween party last year crashed the doll's Halloween party. Kitty Cat played with them "correctly" but Pikachu...  He started off here with the stroller.  It was the first thing he spotted with wheels! After a while, he discovered the ATVs and thought he'd gone to heaven.   Male minions in the past had them eaten by dinosaurs, fighting alien invaders, and even exploring wild terrain.  Female minions tend toward PG soap operas.  Unisex groups tend to mix the two - a family fights off the alien invaders together, maybe.  


This is what my dolls look like after a visit from minions of either sex.  I don't mind picking up after them. In fact, I prefer to do it myself.  So I can find stuff later.

The minion who currently spends the most time here is a 13 year old boy.  He had a couple of friends with him today.  Older boys are funny -  they act like the dolls are going to somehow contaminate them at first but after I rub a doll on them (I'm very mature, ya know) they loosen up.  




 

This is what they do after they get over the fear of contamination. I won't show you the bedrooms.  Because I want this blog to remain PG13.  They did get yelled at for the ransacking of the kitchen but I've learned over my 40 years of Aunting that the plastic orgies simply aren't worth the fuss.  If it wasn't orgies, it'd be mass murder.  As it is, Candy has her head in the oven and Wilma has been hung with the shower!  


Rusty is glad she was spared.  This time.




No comments:

Post a Comment