Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

Feeling Froggy

I went on a crafting tangent today.  While out running errands, I was sucked in by the gravitational pull of Dollar Tree.  Dollar Tree is one of the few stores with "dollar" in the name that actually have everything for - you guessed it - a dollar!  They have the trifolds My Froggy Stuff uses to make backdrops.  Huge ones - and for only a buck.   When I got home, I pulled out my crafting supplies and set to work on Barbieville.


This thing is large enough to make two backdrops on each side.  I debated cutting it and decided just to make them upside down from each other, like John and Pocahontas are demonstrating. 


Stationary that looks like old-fashioned wall paper on the back.  Each sheet is about eight inches by six, so it's going to take several for a room.


Wrapping paper and Washi tape.  Not sure why the pipe cleaner twist tagged along.  


Pictures, stickers, and a calender I've not chopped up.  Yet.


Here we have Pocahontas's office.  The wallpaper is gift wrap, the trim is washi tape, and the smaller wall art is stickers.  The big one is from the calender.


The day care center.  Aren't those piggies adorable?  (They came with some clothes I hoped would fit somebody - they're meant for toy pigs and the sleeves were coming out of the chest.  FAIL!) Again, papered with gift wrap and washi tape.  Other wall art is stickers, a cut out from the calender, and a random picture.


Middle School classroom.  I'm not too keen on the border around that white board (Large index cards) but I love the portrait of Harriet Tubman!  Apparently any drama at Barbieville Middle School will take place in the History classroom. Wallpaper and border, once again, are gift wrap and washi tape.  


Pike's office was renovated.  This time I used the stationary.  He kept his mini postcard wall art.  The window is matting from a photo frame, the same scenery shot as before, and some stickers for a bit of color.


The backdrop that was Pike's old office became an Elementary classroom.  The wallpaper is both stationary and gift wrap.  Clerestory windows provide some sunshine.  Stickers for wall art.  The educational posters are a bookmark and a bit cut off a box of Little Debbie snacks.  Whiteboard is a large index card, bordered by washi tape.

 If you look behind it, you can see I added a picture to the other classroom.  It's a famous painting of a Civil War battle (Antietam?)  which I found after I thought that room was done.

All told, I consider this a job well done.  Anyone want to come help me clean up the mess?

2 comments: