Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Feet

Anakin Skywalker has molded on boots.  For that reason I refused to pay more than ten bucks for him, even though he is fully articulated. And even though, in the words of my sister, it would be nice to have a boy child. I struggle putting britches on my Star Trek guys and they only wear ankle boots!   


Look at these things!  Not only are they knee high, they are bigger around than his thigh!   A little research told me that his boots can be removed, but he has no feet.  I carefully removed one boot and promptly glued it back on.  You'll see why in a minute. 

The question of how to get pants on him remained.  My sister suggested he wear a breech clout, since I'd decided to make him Algonquin, but I had a bit of trouble imagining even Barbieville School's relaxed dress code allowing that. I wrestled for 15 minutes to get Stacie/Skipper sized pants on him for his first photo story.  It looked good, but I don't work that hard to get pants on me!  

A donor body was out of the question.  I didn't have any without breasts and even if one of them was the right height, but I don't trust myself to do a leg swap.   


For his second photo story, He wore a pair of adult female shorts and a safety pin.  With knee high boots.  A guest to my home asked why he was dressed like a "dill hole".  I explained and the response was "I bet you never show their feet anyway because you're too lazy to put shoes on them."  He would have won that bet.  For purposes of my photo stories, he doesn't need feet! 


This is why I glued the boot back on.  Not only is he missing a foot, his lower calf is a square peg. 


Cutting down the back seam will allow the boot to pull off fairly easily.  I should have just done that with both boots to begin with, because then I could still use the boots.  Since one had been glued, I had to destroy it in the removal process. 


Now he can put on his britches with ease! 


And if, for some reason, he needs shoes, the WalMart "My Life Mini" high tops work well.

Funny how sometimes the most obvious solutions escape you.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I have the same doll but haven't got that bold as to remove the boots! I am rethink that now! I too thought about a body donor. I first saw him on diorama GI Joe page. I think he did you a body donor but he does have an interesting neck, so finding a donor might be hard. You are so right! It is funny that sometimes the most obvious solutions escape you! When I remove the feet, I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete