Pages

Monday, November 26, 2018

Unexpected Christmas Project

Saxy Santa didn't play music any more, but he was still pretty cool, so I kept him around.


Today I got home from running some errands and found him on the floor.  When I picked him up, he was broken at the waist.  Well, at the hip.  One of his servos had given out.  Bummer, I thought, but then it occurred to me... he was roughly Barbie scale.  Could I salvage any of his bits and pieces?


Moment of silence before the looting begins.  


Here Sulu impersonates a weight loss advertisement.  Even my sewing skills are up to this job - at least for little plastic people!  Who looks at Santa's britches, anyway?


Taken in and still with ample room for padding.  I added the snowflake belt buckle.  


Salvaged the almost entire outfit.  Saxy Santa's boots were as molded on as Sulu's are.  The bow off the base will go into my sewing box. I even managed to save his sax and shades!  

Sulu's glad the beard was molded on.  He thinks that means Guinness will have to play Santa.  Little does he know... I own cotton balls...  BWA HA HA 

3 comments:

  1. I hate that your Santa broke but I loved that you decided to upcycle as much as you could.I think it turned out nice. I laughed hard about the cotton ball comment.I needed that laugh today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on your dolls I love the idea

    ReplyDelete