Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2019

New Sets

I saw a really big Barbie house for sale (used) and thought it would be of use in Barbieville, but my storage space is very limited...  no room for another house...  So I made an offer just for the walls!  The offer was accepted and the package arrived today.  (My apologies to the post office employees.)


Here we see them laid out by levels with Suzie as a size reference.  Three stories, each double sided, but only one "pops" together.  I didn't get the floors or skeleton of the house.  A little creativity is required at this point.  


The flip sides.  I want need them to lie flat when not in use, but also to require a minimum of set up work.  Because I'm lazy. That first story's going to be the biggest challenge because the intersecting wall is actually two.  Apparently the floors I didn't buy have slots to hold them in place.  


Second story is easy enough - clear tape hinges!  


The first story's intersecting walls now dangle from a dowel rod.  Those craft sticks in between are measuring the width of the wall they have to "intersect" to make four rooms.  The house has a total of ten! 


They balance on the rod, but are snug enough to avoid excessive wiggling.  All I have to do is line them up.  The exterior wall with the door has another of those clear tape hinges.


The third story has a handy slit to intersect these walls.  You can see in the green room where I got a little overzealous removing stickers...  wall art to the rescue!  Later. 


Some hooligan tagged this door!  Maybe cover it with a big floral wreath?  Besides my green room mishap, this is the worst of the damage to this lovely home.  Or group of homes.  Or random, unattached rooms...  For that you will have to wait...


Mission accomplished.  They fold flat, or nearly so!  Stay tuned to see what these walls become!

2 comments:

  1. Great find! I think you will be able to do a lot with it! That was cleaver of you just buying the walls. It gives you waay more options. The fact that the walls don't wiggle is a plus too! BTW, I don't think apologies to the post office employees is necessary! They would only need that if you had the whole house shipped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, that box was huge...

    ReplyDelete