Pages

Monday, September 2, 2019

Moving On... Or Just Moving?

Sulu takes a break from running errands with Dixie.  He's pleasantly surprised to run into John and Pocahontas.


Sulu: You left your office on a weekday?  Are you feeling all right?

Pocahontas: Always such a smart aleck.  I took the day off to help John get his new day care center ready, and to discuss some things without the kids around.  Nakoma and Anakin are already planning our wedding. 

John: We're talking wedding, too, but in practical terms.  Like where to live - neither one of us wants her in the house that I shared with Albion and her place is too small for us and four kids.

Sulu (chuckles): Her place is too small for her and the two she lives with.  


Pocahontas (to Dixie): You and your daddy can join us if you want.  Your cute little face makes up for his big ugly one. 

John: Yeah, my best friend isn't as bad as the kids are.  

Pocahontas: I'm getting some more food.  You three can talk about me behind my back.


Sulu: A book on premarital counseling?  You never fail to amaze me, Pocahontas.

John: Actually, it's turned out to be a good idea.  I thought she was nuts, but we've found a couple areas we need to work on.

Sulu (scoffs): Like what? 

Pocahontas: Finances and child-rearing.  It's not like either of us had any real experience back in the day, you know.  Our paths divided and we've been through vastly different terrain since. Did you know he bribes his daughters to behave?  Bribes them!

Sulu (shrugs): Society bribes us to behave.  

******

At the Barbieville City Hall Complex.


Kyra: Ready for lunch?  I'm about ready to eat that plant on my desk.

Rose-Grace: I think it's toxic.  (puts away her current project) I can finish up with this when we get back.  Nothing urgent in the stack and I'm ready for some gossip over coffee. 

Kyra: I've got some for you, too, about Lottie Gordon.

Rose-Grace: Charlotte Jackson, you mean.  And I have some of the same for you.  Gabriella got hold of her cousin and WOW.  That is one dysfunctional -- 


They're interrupted by Albus bursting into the room.

Albus (angry):  Did you know anything about this?  I thought you were my friend, Rose-Grace! 

Rose-Grace: I'll let that slide since you're clearly upset.  What's going on?

Kyra (to herself): So much for that gossip. 

Albus: That Jackson woman bought my home!  I'm being evicted! 

Rose-Grace: She bought the campground?  Why would Miss Snooty Pants want that campground? 

Kyra (reluctantly): I have a demolition permit pending.  According to it, the campground is an eyesore and a health hazard.  In that order. 

Rose-Grace: If it's still pending, why is she already evicting Albus? 

Albus (reading from the notice): Permanent residence in an area zoned for temporary stays is in violation of the law.  If lot 420 isn't vacated within thirty days, your vehicle will be towed and your belongings removed.  

Rose-Grace (taking the eviction notice from Albus): Kyra, I'm afraid I have to postpone lunch.  

Albus: Lunch?  No, no, don't go hungry on my account.  

3 comments: