Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Can You Go Home Again?

As the weather cools, Nancy and McG find fewer people when they go for their evening swim.


Nancy: We're going to have to start going to the Y, I think.  The lake is downright frigid.

McG: If you'd like.  I find the cold quite invigorating, myself.

Nancy: I'm so glad I found you to swim with.  My husband prefers the home gym to keep in shape.

McG: Lee never was much of a swimmer.  He always likes me in a bikini, though. 


She's interrupted by a passing woman. 

Charlotte:  Mrs. Guinness?  Is that you? 

Nancy: Charlotte.  I heard you'd moved back home. (To McG)  Charlotte is a former student of mine.  

McG: Charlotte Jackson? Gabriella's aunt? 

Charlotte: You know Gabriella?  

McG (coldly): I am Taylor Pike's grandmother.   

Charlotte: Oh, Rose-Grace's mother-in-law.  I heard she lost her mother recently, but I've not seen them at the country club.  Would you convey my condolences?

McG: Rose-Grace is a busy woman and Mace is hardly country club material.  I doubt you and they travel in the same circles, but I will tell them you send your thoughts.


Charlotte goes on her way and Nancy just stares at her friend for a moment.

McG: Have you not heard about that woman?

Nancy: You aren't being fair.  Charlotte had a very rough life. 

McG: So did Batgirl, but I don't see her treating her children as Charlotte treats hers. 

Nancy: Charlotte has children?  Do tell! 

******

Hank Higgins, of Barbieville Real Estate, shows Pocahontas and John a few homes.


Hank: This rustic cabin on the shore of Muneca Lake has...


John: Sorry to interrupt, but I can already tell this house isn't for us.  I might as well go home and drown Kelly in the bathtub.  

Pocahontas: Really?!

John: Yes, really.  We told him we have four kids.


Pocahontas: Not crazy about the white exterior.

John: Me, neither.  But we can always paint. A few safety features around the pool is all I think we'd need here. The kids could even each have their own room.


John: Brick exterior, lots of light from the windows... 

Pocahontas: Definite maybe.  



John: I think we've seen enough for today, Hank.  We'll have to put our heads together and talk to the kids before making a choice.  I know it's our call, as the adults, but they... 

Hank: I understand.  I do have one more I'd like to show you today, if you have time?  


Pocahontas: I love that tower entryway.

John: My girls would think we lived in a castle.  

Pocahontas: Only three bedrooms, though.  The girls would all have to share one. 



The prospective buyers gone, Hank confers with the homeowner before finding a police cruiser parked behind his car.

Lynch: What are you doing? You know you aren't supposed to have contact with...

Hank: They came into my office!  I couldn't exactly turn them out! 

Lynch: You should have passed them over to another agent.  Do it or the program will hear about this.  We can't protect you if you keep doing things like this. 

Hank: What do I tell the other agent for my reason? 

Lynch: I honestly don't care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment