Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Look What My Sister Made Me Do

One thing I've learned since embracing the whole doll blogging thing: Nothing is ever done.


This is my doll area.  When I first moved in here, I had the dollhouse nice and snug in that corner, but got busted for "blocking an emergency egress".  Mind you, I'm on the second floor and there are three other windows right there, but they own the place.  Gotta follow their rules.

If you'll remember, I recently bought a disassembled dollhouse to make into backdrops because my space is so limited.  At least if I want to have anything resembling an actual apartment.


My sister showed up with this in her back seat.  She reads my blog and thought it could be a nice home for one of those couples planning to marry.  It'll need a makeover, but that'll be a whole 'nother project.  Today it's about making room!  

I had been debating for a while pulling that desk out of there.  It's not big enough for Sunburst and sags in the middle, so I can't line up the walls for The Overlook.  YANK!  It's outta here! 


Lunch Break. 

The new house fits nicely where I had my board games and coloring books.  Once that desk was gone, the rest of the job pretty much fell together.  It just took a good while because I reorganized as I went.  The shelves my board games were on fit very nicely under the window sills.  I have no idea what sort of shelf it is, though, since it was a yard sale find.  


Quitting for supper.  Everyone is present and accounted for, all the big stuff is in place (except the teal bin that serves as wardrobe) and now it's fiddly stuff and hauling out the trash.  Yes, that's the table that served as the Pikes' deck/carport.  They sacrificed it for the Greater Good. 


I took the movable shelves out of one unit and put them into the other for all my little bins and set building pieces.  The former Frito-Lay display has outlived its use and will probably go in the recycling.  And I managed to break Albus's camper.  Apparently, that floor wasn't meant to hold 200 pounds.  I guess he really does have to move now.


My open-for-use backdrops and the new house wait for the next project.  The house is actually meant to be a department store (Kacy's).  I'll get into more detail about it when I share that project.


The shell of one shelving unit holds my games, coloring books, vintage VWs, and two display dolls.  I think I'm gonna invest in another tall unit like what's beside it. Can never have too many shelves. The pink thing is full of Lego blocks. The clear bin is my tool box. Lots of clean up work to do and I'll be ready to tackle the next job.

Oh, yeah, and... 

THANKS, RITA! 


No comments:

Post a Comment