Pages

Monday, August 19, 2019

Family Ties

On the last day of the Baptiste family reunion, Nikki and Taylor take the stage. The venue for the event is, oddly considering the location, decorated with ocean life...  


Taylor: In case anyone doesn't recognize us, we're the daughters of Orlando.  He was killed in action when we were still in diapers, so we don't have memories of our own to share, but so many of you have told us stories of Daddy.  We were a little leery of coming, to be honest, because we were legal adopted by our stepfather and we weren't sure if we'd be welcome.


Nikki: Almost nobody has tried to make us feel bad about being the Pike girls now.   Orlando Baptiste always has been and always will be our Daddy.  The Pike family hasn't acted like we have to give Daddy up  -- Grandma says love of family isn't bound by law -- and we're so glad the Baptiste family understands that, too. 


The next day, the girls get in some sightseeing on the way to the airport.  Their uncle is amused by their reaction to the Arizona desert.  

Nikki (singing):  I've been through the desert on a horse with no mane...

Taylor: Name.  Horse with no name.

Nikki: I know, it's funnier this way.


Taylor: Can you imagine living in these tiny rooms, with so many people?  

Nikki: I know!  Remind me of this next time I gripe about sharing a room with Stacie and you. 


Nikki (giggling): We're posing in front of a giant butt. 

Taylor:  Butte.  You're a giant butt. 

*****

Meanwhile, back in Barbieville.....


Sulu: I cannot believe you didn't tell me you two were back together! 

John: Hey, I wanted to tell you first and she wanted to tell Midna first and then we both felt like we should tell our families first....   We decided to just surprise all of you at once. 

Sulu: Surprise is right.  I would have dropped the baby if Albus hadn't been playing with her.


Albus: I nearly dropped Dixie when she kissed John.  

Midna: You could have knocked me over with a feather!  I knew she was softening... but wow... 

Albus: Well, I'm glad to see it.  They would have been together a long time ago if not for adolescent stupidity.  Not that we can really complain, since two delightful children resulted from that.


Roxy:  Can me and Kelly be your flower girls at your wedding?  

Kelly: We'll be good! 

Pocahontas: Slow down there.  John and I need to take a little time to make sure we're still that much in sync before any wedding gets planned.   But I promise, girls, if it happens, you will be part of the party. 

Nakoma: So, Christmas wedding, then? 

Anakin: I was thinking Thanksgiving. 

Pocahontas (amused): As long as you understand it's not going to be Halloween. 

Anakin and Nakoma: A Halloween wedding?!  That would be so cool! 



2 comments: