Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

So Long, Sister

Much to Brent's relief, Kyra's family gets along well with his sister's.  Now he can feel comfortable in taking things to the next level.  On the last day of the visit, they take in the sights of Washington DC.


Kyra: Make sure you can see the Memorial behind us.  It's not often my girls and I get a vacation.  I want photographic evidence it happened.

Brent: Is this really necessary?  You know I hate having my picture taken. 

Kyra: Surely you don't want me to gripe all the way home?


Bertie:  Oh my god!  Delete that!  I look like I have no neck! 

Daisy: You know that shirt does that and wore it anyway.  Suck it up, Buttercup. 

Bertie: Seriously, Daze, I look ridiculous.


Daisy: Siblings shot!  Me and my bro!

Brent: You know, I just wanted  a picture of the Washington Monument.  

Daisy: As seldom as I get to see you?  Did you really think I wasn't going to insist on pictures? 


Whitney: Wilma, where are your shoes?

Wilma: Brent gots them.  We was sticking my toes in the water so the fishies could nibble them.  It tickles, Mommy, you should do it with me. 



As night falls, they pack up The Tank and prepare for the journey home. 

Daisy: Let me know when you get home safely. I don't care what time it is. 

Wilma: Bye bye, new aunties! 


As soon as her brother is out of sight, Daisy bursts into tears. 

Esper: Here come the waterworks.

Bertie: Behave.  You know how much Brent means to her.  When the rest of the family turned their backs on her, he... 

Esper:... turned his back on them.  (To Daisy)  Hey, think of it this way.  If things go well, we might be going to his wedding soon.  

Daisy: She is a wonderful lady, isn't she? I haven't seen him this happy in, well, ever!


Brent: Wendy, turn the stereo down a notch.  I want Nakoma well rested when it's time to switch drivers. 

Wendy (does so):  I think your sister is very cool.  Your parents must be real jerks.  

Brent: They are. 

Kyra: I really can't imagine disowning my child.  (Winks at Whitney) Even if she did have a baby when she was still one herself.

Whitney: Speaking of Wilma, where is she?

Wilma (shouting from the rear sleeping area): I'm taken a nap with Nakoma.  Them new aunties done weared me out.


1 comment: