Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Shoes

Pretty much everyone knows I'm not a fan of shoes.  Unless the law or weather requires it, I'm usually barefoot.  The same applies to my dolls because, frankly, I'm too lazy to mess with it.  The only ones who wear shoes on a regular basis either have them molded on or simply have no feet.  (Anakin's molded on boots made it impossible to change his britches.  Good thing he likes My Life Mini shoes.)


My last story presented me with a problem - to fit everyone in the shot, they needed a taller background. Or shoes.  So I said a few bad words and got out the shoe bin.


And was met with this.  Almost five years worth of just tossing them in, whether they came with a doll or an outfit.  Some of these might have come home in a yard sale assortment.  I finished the story, posted it, and resigned myself to the dreaded Shoe Purge.  (Yes, there are also hats and belts in there.  Pay them no mind.)


Two kinds of shoe I detest are the ones that fall right back off and the stiletto heel.  I have a name for stiletto heel, but it's not PG13.  The other name I have for them is Ankle Breakers.  Really wanna grind my gears?  Be a stiletto that falls off!  


The keepers for the Chelsea/Kelly size dolls.  I decided to keep these in the Tot Wardrobe with the clothes - easier to find.  Bobby complained about me trying girl shoes on him, but I told him "I only have three of you boys and Fred arrived barefoot."   Besides, DEATH TO GENDER ROLES. 


Chunky heels are way more my style.  Obviously, these are for the big girls.  Or boys with small feet, if they're so inclined. 


Big girls' casual shoes.  Can you tell I like the ballet flats a little?


Big boys' casuals.  Someone asked me once why Anakin always wears blue - apparently, that's the only color I have his shoes in! 


Boots, boots, and more good boots!  



Suzie, Nakoma, and Zenobia model the exceptions to my stiletto rule.  I just couldn't... maybe I'll turn them into flats.  They just have too much character to give them up!

And now I have roughly half the number of shoes I started with.  
WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment