Pages

Saturday, November 9, 2019

Moving Out, In, and On.

Moving day for the Smith-Nedakh family. 


Tanner:  No place on the Jeep for the trailer to connect.  Fin?

Finnick: Nothing on the golf cart, either.  We're gonna have to use The Tank. 


Albus: Neither SUV has a trailer hitch?  


Tanner: The Tank's the only one with a hitch.  Grandpa Mace's truck had one, but Dad gave him a free pass to use The Tank for horse shows.  He sold the truck when Grandma got sick. 

John: Wish we'd known this before.  We could have made the move in one trip, using that beast. 



Nakoma meets them in the driveway of the new house. 

Nakoma: Change of plans.  One of the bunk beds goes into Anakin's room.  He's giving Roxy the lounge thing, since she's shorter.  Also it's pink. 

Albus (chuckles): I wonder what he'll do if they decide to have a pink wedding.  


Tanner:  Same thing I will.  Grin and bear it.

Nakoma: You're in the wedding party?

Tanner: No, but I'll have to look at y'all. 

*****

Meanwhile, at the police station.


Helena: Thank you, Chief Lynch, for driving Draco.  

Draco: Why did you have her do that?  It was humiliating! 

Helena: That's exactly why I asked her to do it.  If I had my way, you'd be in Juvenile Corrections until your trial.   


Draco:  TRIAL?!  You can't let this go to trial! 

Helena: I can and I will.  

Draco: What does Dad have to say about this? Where is he? 

Helena: Your father has protected you with his influence for the last time.  


Helena: Until your trial, you can consider yourself under house arrest. You will go nowhere but school.  Your phone will be taken and I've already changed the Internet password at ho --

Draco (stops suddenly): I need to use the restroom before we go. 

Helena: I've already seen the woman.  You are not going to avoid her. 


Charlotte: Well, fancy meeting you here.  Come to pick up your little angel? 

Helena: There's no need to be catty.  

Charlotte: I hope you don't think you can convince me to drop the charges.  

Helena: I wouldn't dream of trying.  Come along, Draco. 


Charlotte watches them go, thinking: She doesn't want me to drop the charges?  Or is this a reverse psychology thing?  What kind of mind game is Helena playing?  I wonder what she'd do if I did drop the charges?  If I convinced that old hippy to do the same?  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Helena is so done with her son's BS. As for Charlotte.... she started it!

      Delete