Pages

Monday, January 25, 2021

The Investigation: Part Two

 

Witch's Cove Employee Parking.



Pocahontas: Oh, good, Joe.  You're here. 

Joe: I said noon.  Am I late? (notices Lynch) Why're the cops here?

Pocahontas: We found a body.  Halfway down the hill from The Overlook, towards the inlet.  I've been trying to call you, but I guess you were driving.

Lynch: I have statements from everyone who was here when the body was found?  

Pocahontas: Yes.  It was the four of us, waiting for Joe and Jessie.  We were going to start work on the revamp today. 
 


Lynch: I'll head back to the scene.  Hurry the crime scene units along. 

Joe: Do we know who it was?  Surely it's not another hit-and-run in that location?

Nakoma: We didn't get a good enough look. Too much brush around and we didn't get any closer than we had to.

Jessie:  I don't blame you.  (nods toward the dog) Who's this handsome fellow?

Nakoma: Butterscotch.  Finnick's grandpa got him for me.  

Joe: Well, Jessie, I guess you and me have time for that cup of coffee after all.  (looks around) Can I get anyone anything from Sunburst?  (No one wants anything. Joe and Jessie leave.)


Finnick: Who do you reckon it is?  The body?

Albus: No idea, but I hope it's not linked to Charlie Lake.  I'd hate to think we have a serial killer in Barbieville. Could be someone was sneaking into the park and fell badly. 

Finnick: Why would anyone want to sneak into a closed amusement park?  (suddenly distracted)  Holy crap!  This thing's blue tooth compatible?

Albus: It's a new Beetle.  Not one from my era. 


Pocahontas (to Butterscotch): My new car gets no love.  

Nakoma: I can't believe we're just sitting around playing with a dog.  There's a body in our park! 

Pocahontas: We're staying out of their way, which is all we can do at this point.  (laughs) We could speculate and scare ourselves silly.  Call all our friends and start a panic around town.  But no, I think we're doing exactly what we should. 

Nakoma: Still.  I wonder who it was. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog through Phyllis. I hope they find out who the killer is! I'll stick around to read the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete