Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

What's Barbieville Been Up To?

 Since I'm back in the ranks of laptop owners, I can catch y'all up on our shenanigans. 



I finally worked up the nerve to tattoo Django. He's a tattoo artist and it seemed silly for him to have no ink. After quizzing a few of my fellow Barbie people about how they did it... here we go! This was the second chest tattoo.  First one was an epic fail!


Big ole tiger face on his back. Anyone who wants to look close enough at Django's tats to see my mistakes can kiss his plastic butt. And my not-plastic butt, for that matter.


Susan B. Anthony will be, in keeping with the historical figure, a civil rights lawyer. 


Severus Snape, high school chemistry teacher. (AKA potions) I thought about making him a pharmacist but teaching means more interactions with other dolls.


Midge Sherwood already lived in Barbieville, but she has a little sister now. Meet Kamala!


I recast Rallee's daughter (and Gwen's niece) with Luna. I even changed her name, because said daughter has yet to appear in any stories. 

More changes will be shared in the course of the stories I'm cooking up. Gonna be fun! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm curious, what technique or techniques did you use to give your doll tattoos and are the results permanent?
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temporary tattoos, like for kids. Put on the doll according to directions and cover with something clear - I used nail polish. You can also use clear coat or mod podge. It's permanent. One of my friends even photographs his dolls swimming!

      Delete
  2. Great purchase! I hope you were able to get them at a good price! I got a few dolls from Walmart at good prices! So I am hoping you did too! Where did you find the temporary tattoos? My Mal is my tattoo artist and has some tattoos but could use more! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, Is Snape's body like Dumbledore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snape's body is very similar to Dumbledore's. Pretty sure they are the same mold, but not willing to swear to it.

      Delete