Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Mrs. Moneybags The Job At Hand

 


The episode begins with Regina Vidal's exit.   

Rayshawn: Regina, in this envelope I bear your parting gift.  One thousand dollars for each week you were here and first-class airfare to your home.  Despite your elimination, I thank you for the time and effort you gave me and hope you do well in the future.  

Regina:  Thank you.  It was an interesting experience.

Rayshawn:  Would you like to say anything to the remaining ladies? 

Regina:  I've said everything to them there is to say.  (Takes the envelope and leaves.)


Charlotte: One down, five to go.  

Rayshawn: Look, Charlotte, I appreciate your help with all this, but announcing the elimination for me is not cool.  This is my thing, mine and Marty's. 

Charlotte: I know.  I just... I got carried away.  

Rayshawn: You're forgiven.  I know how you can be. 


Rayshawn:  Ladies, welcome.  Today we begin to focus on your skills with operating a motel and campground.  You'll be working alongside my current employees for the next week and they'll report back to me how well you've done.  This is important because, as my wife, you will be one of the owner-operators of The Point.  Of course, Marty and I will also be gauging how compatible you are with each of us.  


Rayshawn: The job is simple once you've learned it.  Checking guests in and out, mostly.  Some light cleaning, both in the office and out on the lot.  If housekeeping is overwhelmed, we help cleaning the rooms as well, but usually they can handle it.   Since school's not out for the summer yet, Gwen and Doreen will be scheduled in the evenings.


Doreen: I was about to ask about that.  I'm a hard worker, but I can't be in two places at once. 

Tierra: Basically, this is like an office job?  I thought we'd be putting in drywall and painting. 

Rayshawn (laughs): I implied that in your packets, but a local contractor will be doing all the remodeling work.  It's part of my screening process - I have no intention of taking a lazy bride. 

Seven: Sneaky, but I like it.


Esperanza (whispering): He expects us to clean toilets?  

Sally (quietly): No big deal.  I used to shovel manure for hours at a time.


Marty: Whoever is working the desk helps me with homework, too.  Daddy doesn't trust me to do it if I just go home.  (blushes) I almost flunked out last year from slacking off. 


Tierra: As long as it isn't math.  I'm terrible at math. 

Seven:  Yeah, this one can't even calculate a tip! 

Rayshawn: All right, then.  I've got Esperanza and Tierra scheduled for the shift starting now.  Everyone else get out of here - unless Marty has homework? 


After the rest have gone, Rayshawn begins training.  





No comments:

Post a Comment