Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Mrs. Moneybags: Second Elimination

 The elimination begins with Marty detailing his ratings and the reasons for them. 



Marty: I gave Doreen six and Gwen five, but it was pretty close.  They're both really nice, but at the same time made me behave.  Tierra got four - she taught me all kinds of neat stuff about Volkwagen Vans, like the difference between a Kombi and a Samba, but most of the time she just tried too hard.  Seven gets three because she didn't seem like she was being herself.  Esperanza got two for being pretty nice but then she complained about she might have to clean a toilet and slapped that lady.  Sally gets one because she keeps telling me I can't do "girl stuff" and saying I'm gonna marry Stacie because we can't just be friends once we're grown up. 

    

Esperanza: That woman needed a lot more than slapped!  My moms are gay!

Doreen: My son is gay, I get it, but slapping them isn't going to change anything.  You have to kill them with kindness. 

Tierra:  Violence is only the answer if you've been physically attacked.  


Rayshawn: I'm going to start with Esperanza, since she's obviously pulling the low score tonight.  I commend your drive to defend your mothers, and everyone else who falls into that category, but you assaulted one of my customers.  Anna managed to convince her not to press charges.  

Esperanza: Anna assaulted me, how about that? 

Seven: We saw the video.  All she did was pull you off that Karen.  

Rayshawn: Sally, you get two points.  You should have asked Anna to help the customer or offered one of the area maps we keep under the counter.  Tierra scores three, for refunding a customer's money when the problem was the fault of the customer - all our advertising makes it clear that the swimming offered is Muneca Lake.  Customer should have paid more attention.

Tierra: Dude, I thought she was gonna hit me! 

Rayshawn: Gwen, your blunder made me laugh, I'm not gonna lie.  But all you needed to say was that it's policy to require ID.   You get four.  Doreen gets five for a similar mistake, correcting a customer's assumption that our housekeeping staff are thieves.  Just give the man his towels and let it go.  And we finally get to Seven, who has scored six.  The only mistake you made, at least as far as this judging goes, was forgetting the dress code on your first day.  


Charlotte:  Adding together last week with your scores today, these are the current tallies.  

Esperanza:  I'm still in the running?!  I thought for sure, after... 

Gwen: The only one who scored higher than you last week was Doreen. That saved you.

Tierra: Looks like I'm going home. 


Rayshawn: Your parting gift is one thousand dollars for each week you lasted and air fare home.  However, there may be a job for you here in Barbieville.  I enclosed a letter of reference for you, if you're inclined to  look into it.  Your theater background may be exactly what she's looking for.

Tierra: Thank you.  I will definitely look into that.  I hope we can be friends if I stick around. 


Tierra makes it a point to shake Marty's hand, as well.  

Marty: I'll miss talking hippie vans with you.  

Tierra: Me, too.  It was nice to find someone who didn't roll their eyes at me.


Unlike Regina's exit, Tierra stops to say goodbye to her competition. Seven cries - she and Tierra became fast friend when they met on the flight to Barbieville.  






No comments:

Post a Comment