Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Flea Market Bonanza: Part Three

Well, they're done.  Washed, groomed, dressed, and stacked neatly back in the bin to await their fate.  I was asked how exactly I go about doing their hair.  Basically, wash it with conditioning shampoo or fabric softener before brushing gently (starting at the ends, not the scalp) and only cutting what cannot be brushed out.*  I mentioned gum in a previous post - one of these girls had clear nail polish!  I washed her hair a few times before I figured that out!  If the hair is long, say past the small of her back, I give her a single braid.  Shorter hair can be left loose or put in a ponytail.  

Most of the clothes came out of the wash in good shape.  The dolls I managed to identify were dressed in what I could salvage of their original clothes.  Arabian Lights lost her gem headband, but I found a red ribbon to match.  Once Upon a Princess Jasmine still had hers.  Both have britches and top.  Oops, the big Jasmine's shoes need to go on her!  She won't be joining my BOUSs after all because that line is meant to be toddlers and a toddler with boobs has too high an ick factor for me. 


Donny and Marie in what's left of their stage costumes.  Note Marie's microphone!  


Dazzling Princess Belle and Enchanted Swirl and Style Cinderella only have their dresses.  Cinderella's bun is now a high, bouncy ponytail.  Belle, like the two Jasmines, has a simple ponytail.  The big Jasmine sings, Belle's rose (chest) lights up and she makes a ding sound.  Cinderella's underskirt changes patterns when you push the button on her back.  I've not dug through my batteries yet to test the smaller Jasmine's light-up gems.  EDIT - Her forehead lights up but not the ear rings. 


I forgot what high heat does to doll hair and ran the soft bodied dolls through the washer and dryer.  Kida's head basically disintegrated after the head swap.  I don't know why and I'm not happy. I guess she just couldn't survive without her embedded chest jewel.  Roxy's face mold I decided was a bit too Uncanny Valley for my Barbieville, so I gave her name to the articulated Stacie.  EDIT - 90s Kevin has been named Ricky after the very first "boy" friend of Skipper!  And that's where it stands until yard sale weekend!  

*For more information, I suggest you watch one of April Lilly's doll makeovers on You Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment