Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Story Two: Blending


Pike: I can't believe the kids proposed to us.  And here we've been taking things slow because of them!
Rose-Grace: I guess we've got some plans to make, huh?  That's why I gave them money for sweets from the camp store.
Pike: I don't want a big crazy thing.  Did that with Candy and, well, look how that worked out.  
Rose-Grace: It does seem tacky, since it's a second marriage for both of us and we do have a built in wedding party right here.  A small one, but still...
Pike: (laughing) Sounds like the kids weren't the only ones thinking about it.
Rose-Grace: I'd be lying if I denied it.  



Family meeting to go over the planning books and discuss the finer details. Rose-Grace and Pike have decided the wedding colors to be blue and red, blending into purple, just as the two families are blending into one.  
Tanner: That's pretty cool.  Won't it be hard to find dresses and suits, though?
Rose-Grace: As long as what you choose is within that spectrum, it's fine.  Getting everything to match perfectly is more expensive than we'd like and I want everyone to reflect their personalities. 
Stacie: (giggling) Tanner's gonna show up in jeans and a T-shirt.
Tanner: Nah, I have a little bit of respect for stuff like this. It might be weird, but it'll be formal.  Maybe I'll rent that tux I wore to the Prom.
Taylor: That was green, you doofus.  You looked like a leprechaun.
Fred: Kin I wear a tie?  I wanna wear a tie like a big boy.
Pike: If you have plans for the weekend, cancel them.  We're moving in here on Saturday, then shopping Sunday.  Unless You guys would rather move Rose-Grace and the girls into our apartment?  
Finnick: Where are you putting us guys?  In the barn?  
Rose-Grace: I have an attic, you know.  The few things I have up there can be moved to the barn loft.  Or you can use them if you're so inclined.  
Tanner: Cool.  A Man Cave.  
Fred:  Boy Cave.  We ain't men yet.


The horse trailer and RV made the move in one trip.  It was a small apartment.    


Ash and Soot look like they're briefing Max on all the good spots in the yard to roll around.  The dogs get along almost as well as the kids do.  


Wedding photo.  In the rear: Finnick, Nikki, Rose-Grace, and Pike.  In front to the left: Taylor and Stacie.  Seated to the right front: Tanner and Fred.  Finnick and Taylor, as first-born, got to be Best Man and Maid of Honor. 



1 comment: