Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Flea Market Bonanza: Part Two

WARNING NAKED DOLLS 


The sorting and research is done.  The keepers have moved into Barbieville.  The others will find homes elsewhere, whether it's via a yard sale or donation.  The clothes and soft bodies still need washed, so that'll be part three.  

The Disney Gals - Two Nakomas, Aurora, Pocahontas, and Belle.  Belle makes a ding sound when you press the button on her back.  One of the Nakomas has a pink/purple streak in her hair. 


The Jasmine with a battery pack is Arabian Lights Jasmine.  Her ear rings and forehead gem light up, or are supposed to.  Either the batteries are dead or she's broken. 


When I got her in the April Haul, I removed Esmeralda's hoop ear ring.  So she sneaked into the kitchen and totally mugged one of the dolls from this batch.  Can't blame her - it is a cute ear ring.


Brushes, Bags, and jewelry.  


Kitchen stuff, sports stuff, head bands, a book, and a flower bouquet.  


Shoes with mates.  I'll probably keep most of these.  The big gold ones belong to the Jasmine of Unusual Size.  They're upside down so the water can drain.


Turns out Power Ranger's neck hole is not compatible with the donor body.  Making it work is beyond my capabilities and inclination.  


Hole-In-The-Gut is Tressy.  There used to be a gadget there to make her hair grow and, um, ungrow.  WTF Barbie is American Idol Barbie.  Poor thing looks like she's been in a horrible accident, but she's rocking out.  I keep trying to straighten her torso!  


The keepers.  Pocahontas, Nakoma with the pink/purple streak, Callie, Needs-a-name, Kelly, Roxy, and Needs-a-name.  (I already have a Kevin and a Stacie.)  I noticed Callie has 3 piercings in each ears, which gave me something specific to research - she's Cali Girl Barbie.  


Donor body recipients.  Kida doesn't quite match hers, but considering now she can bend and has no gem embedded in her chest, it's close enough.  The redhead Teen Skipper is Courtney, who was usually brunette.  I already have a Courtney.  There was a Stacie friend named Whitney, who was a redhead, so she'll take that name.  Batgirl loves her new not-weird shoulders.    


These two have to wait for laundry before their fate is decided.  If Jasmine's clothes survive the wash, I might keep her as a BOUS.  Love the character, but not so much the dolls.  Disney dolls often have Vapid Face, but Jasmine and Ariel seem to have it the worst.  I don't know why.  


A dollar a pop at a yard sale and I make my money back?  Donation?  Haven't decided.  


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you found a decent amount of keepers. Your articulated Stacie is a great find. It is hard to find her in such good shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Definitely got my 40 bucks worth, and I've got almost 100 waiting for new homes!

      Delete