Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2018

May Haul (part one)

May was another good month for Barbieville.  (So far my blog looks like I'm luckier than I usually am!)  Most of this month's luck came from town-wide yard sales and the flea market haul.  


 
Wicker chair from thrift store and Lego set marked WAY down.  Lego blocks are very handy for building anything the dolls might need temporarily.  Also, they're fun all by themselves! 


Craft supplies and a sleigh.  Giant bear for the girls' room.  I had a sleigh before - a thift store find that I tried hard to make work but ultimately failed.  This one I can already tell is going to be much easier.  It simply needs the bed lined and a seat installed.  The craft supplies will help me with that.


Scenic placemats with words on them, but careful placement of props or dolls allows use as backdrops.   They've already proven useful for the story-telling posts here.  

 
The "lollipop stick" was cut off and these two are novelty pillows for the twins.  The girls get bears and hearts.  The twins get the other shapes.  These came from a claw machine.


Cardboard covered in shiny gold tape as the bed liner.  I used wire from the edges of the decorative ribbon to make a web-like support for the seat.  Seat is made of skewers cut to length and covered with gold tape.  The back of the seat is a burp cloth I already had. (Burp cloths are the perfect size to be blankets on a single bed.)


SUV!  So glad Mattel is making cars that seat more than two!  Clothes and a new dude.


Close-up of the new dude.  I think he looks like Brent Spiner, so that's his name.  He's a World Peacekeeper.  Tanner totally mugged him and took the dog tags.  




I was pleased to find gold elastic for this.  It carries over the gold from the sleigh.  The traces are actually one of the wrapped-wire decorative ribbons, just looped around the sleigh runner. 


Blue button for trim and pink shoelace reins match the seat back. Peeta needs to bundle up before his sleigh ride, though.


Esmeralda copied Tanner and mugged a Flea Market Haul gal.  New ear ring to replace the one I took out.


New stuffies - most of which Fred claimed.  The girls claimed Ginger Snap.


New Residents of Barbieville, from the village of Flea Market. Pocahontas, Kelly, Nakoma, Callie, and Ricky in front.  Batgirl, Roxy, and Whitney in the rear.  There are other new folks in town but I guess I've exceeded the picture limit.  I'll have to do a seperate post about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment