Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New Folks In Town

I did something yesterday and then promptly hid my credit card from myself.  I decided to use my monthly Barbie budget toward said credit card until it's paid back down, and go ahead and get the Harry Potter dolls.  My local Wal-Mart didn't have Ginny in stock, but she's on order.


Imagine my surprise when I saw these!  I didn't even know they were making a Draco Malfoy!  I put the school uniform Harry back on the shelf and got the Quidditch Harry.  


Draco is all done up in his gear and ready to catch the Golden Snitch!


Harry:  Not while I'm around.


Draco:  Joke's on you.  We each came with a Snitch.
Harry: Bummer.


I made them trade clothes.  They are mad at me now.  

The pants and shirts are separate pieces.  The Quidditch boots were really hard to remove, mainly because they go around both ankles and knees, but how often do my dolls even wear shoes? 


Hermione, McGonagall, and Ron.  I'm not going to go into great detail as far as a review goes - lots of those floating around the Internet, but I'll sum up.  They have the five standard points of articulation, as well as knees, elbows and wrists. The vest/shirt/tie combo is one piece but the britches and skirt are separate.


I also found  Fashionista 110 and nabbed her.  After I dragged my 14 year old minion out from under the nearest display, we came home and I head-swapped her.  The donor body is a Liv from the body drawer.  (Let the bodies hit the drawer!  Let the bodies hit....  No? Be that way.)

Nova:  I'm shorter and can't wear my shoes now, but I can move! 


McGonagall will be the matriarch of our beloved Pike family.  This means a Star Wars character and a Harry Potter character spawned a Star Trek character!  (Sounds like a bad fan fiction.)  


The blended Potter-Granger family.  James (a thrift store find) stands behind his sons Harry and Dan.  PJ sits behind younger daughter Emma with older daughter Hermione.  James, of course, shares the name of Book Harry's dad. I've not decided his vocation yet.


Nova and Mariko Nakano.  Nova is Mariko's aunt.  Stay tuned for more details on them.


Ron waits for his sister to arrive so they can join the fun.  Draco wonders what fate has in store for him.  So do I, Draco.  So do I.  Your existence surprised me. 

2 comments:

  1. Another great purchase! I want Draco too! He and Hermione are on my list! I find it funny that your dolls don't wear shoes much! I have been working on my Minerva doll. That top knot bugs me. I have to give you props on you choice of clothing for your doll! You mix it up and show great creativity with doll fashion choices. I have seen a few items on your dolls that I have never seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've gotten doll clothes from, like, everywhere, but if there's a certain item you want to know more about, ask away! I might even know the answer.

    ReplyDelete