Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

My Minions Love Me

The other day, one of my adult minions (the mother of the one I mention here most frequently - he's technically a grand minion) asked if I wanted to tag along while she and her son ran errands.  One of the stops was planned to be a thrift store I don't usually get to visit.  


I found this for twelve bucks.  That price justified dipping into my February thrift store fund a bit early.  Thrift store funds are separate from doll funds, since I do buy other things there, so I'm still being good about the Harry Potter splurge.  Turned out, the minion bought it for me since everything was half off for old folks like me!  YAY! 


The whole house is intact and even sticker-free! Well, not the whole house.  Apparently this particular model had a kitchen piece...  the only part of it was the fridge door. 


When I first got and set up my big dollhouse, I had the following conversation:  "Where's the bathroom?"  "In the basement."  "There's no basement."  "Sure there is.  It's pretend, just like the stairway hall you're standing it."  I did eventually divide the attic and put in a bathroom, but that basement bath (and laundry room) remained.  After all, a family that size has needs!   

This bit will be that room, if ever I want to show it in my photo stories.  The only thing missing is a picture for the frame above the toilet.  (Sorry this shot is so blurry.  Apparently a tiny earthquake hit Barbieville.) 




Back of the bathroom.  I have no idea what this will be.  Shelving unit and frames need filled.


Frames in the main room also need art in them. 


This was meant to be a roll-top desk and either a large picture or flat-screen TV.  I'm not going to worry about replacing the lower sticker.  I'm just going to pretend that recess does not exist.  With my plans, whatever I put there would be rarely seen anyway.  


The bushes on the outside also need replacing.  


This stuff was crammed in the shower.  Freddy already claimed the bookcase.


Time to get out the stickers!  None are big enough for above the nonexistent desk or the shelving unit.  None look remotely like bushes for the outside.  But I'll do what I can.


The mystery wall gets a triptych.


This one was really hard to size because of the raised detail.  It's still off center, but I've decided it's that way on purpose. 


Roses for these spots.  I haven't found anything for the larger rectangle, but I want it to at least sort of match.  Unless I find a "television" or something to suit my specific plans for this set.  And no, I'm not gonna tell you yet what those plans are!


I totally stole scrap booking stickers from the minion who bought me this.  Messy bookshelves!  I'm keeping my eyeballs open for a "television" to put behind the opening panels.  

All told, I'm a happy Jeanie.  I get spoiled and so do my dolls!  



1 comment:

  1. Congrats! This was a great find! The older houses have such detail.

    ReplyDelete