Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Snow Day!

The worst of the cold snap has passed, and finally it's warm enough to enjoy the snow.  The parents are at work and Taylor stays home with the babies, but the rest of the Pikes burn off some cabin fever.


Tanner:  Watch me take this next snow drift like a pro! 

Nikki:  No, I'm not wearing my helmet!  I don't want my brains all over the place! 

Tanner: Why didn't you wear your helmet, dummy?  

Nikki: You promised to be careful.  Some of us actually use our brains and want to keep them inside our heads where they belong. 


Finnick: Tanner would be totally safe in a zombie apocalypse.  

Tanner: At least I don't look like I belong on a magic carpet instead of an ATV.  Seriously, dude, you look ridiculous. 

Nakoma: You're just jealous you don't have a girlfriend to give your coat to. 

Tanner: My girlfriend wouldn't need my coat.

Finnick: Yeah, cause she'd already be frigid. 


Fred: Are we most to the sledding hill, Stacie?  I wanna be there NOW! 

Stacie: We're there.  Check it out.


Anakin:  Holy cow.  That is one steep slope. 

Stacie: Told ya.  This is the best hill in town, and it's all mine!  Well, you know, ours.  On our property.  Step-Mom said once she tried to take the sleigh down it and almost ran over Angus.

Anakin: Yeah, how come nobody got the sleigh out?

Stacie: You gotta be old enough to drive and the twins had to play on the ATVs.  Dad or Mom will get it out later.  Or Grandpa Mace, if he comes over.

*****

Down the block, James is supervising the least professional movers in the known universe.


James: Harry, where is your coat?

Harry: I'm fine.  I'm not a wuss like Hermione. 

Hermione: This wuss isn't going to have frostbite later.  Besides, Mom told you to wear a coat.

Harry: Yeah, but she's not my --

James: Say it and see how long you're grounded.


Emma: Dan and I will get the plants before they freeze.  What room do they go in?

Dan: Let's hurry and stick them in the living room so we can go sled with those kids over there.


Becky watches from her new apartment for the taxi that's bringing her cousins from the airport.  

No comments:

Post a Comment