Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Updating Sets

One of my four-scene backdrops I made from a trifold had an unfortunate accident.  The barn and the park entry were not used much, so I felt they were no great loss.  I turned the Middle School classroom (on the intact trifold) into an Elementary School classroom.  The Overlook, though, is Barbieville's major venue for things like weddings!   


The first of my trifold backdrops at an early stage of development. Pocahontas and John demonstrate how each side has two scenes, one upside down when the other is in use.


I got this folding house and knew right away it was going to be the new diner. You can see the old diner backdrop behind it here - I showed in an earlier blog how I turned a "My Life As" dressing room into a diner.  


I guess Midna got a little drunk celebrating her new place of business.  


Removed the diner's wallpaper and started covering with Contact Paper.  I decided to make this the Middle School's cafeteria/auditorium, thus quieting the voice in my head that kept asking why Guinness was teaching two different grades.  


Any school common area needs a few encouraging posters, so I grouped them around the window.  The rest of the wall will be used for signs as needed by the plot - activity sign-up sheets, maybe.  The drama here can happen in the lunchroom, which is probably more in keeping with reality.


I found a nice barn.  It's another "My Life As" but will work for Barbies.  The flip side is a dressmaker's studio with a cityscape view.  No dressmakers in Barbieville and certainly no cityscape!  But it works for me because I need a new Overlook.


Just in time for the Potter/Granger wedding!  


No comments:

Post a Comment