Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day

Nakoma and Anakin stop in at Pocahontas's office, as usual, on the way home from school.


Nakoma:  Look at this insane box of chocolate!  I told Finnick I'm going to gain back all the weight I just lost and he said he doesn't care as long as I'm happy.

Anakin:  I volunteered us to help her eat them.


Pocahontas: Take these home with you and put them in Mom's blue vase.  

Anakin:  Wait, what?  You don't have a boyfriend or anything.  And Roxy's dad promised to back off.


Pocahontas: John swears it wasn't him.  There was no card.

Nakoma (teasing): Looks like you have a secret admirer, Sis.  He even knows your favorite flower. 

Pocahontas (laughs):  It's hardly a secret.  Just put them in the vase when you get home, please.  Do your homework if you have any and, Anakin, your room is trashed.  I want it clean by the time I get home.

Anakin (groans): Do I have to? 

******

At a nearby Asian buffet, Midna waits with the Baxters for a table.


Midna: With the planned changes, I'm going to have to hire more staff. 

Violet (eyes on laptop): I see that.  The logistics of all this...


Detective: I hope you ladies aren't discussing the case.  

Midna: Not at all.  I invited Violet to dinner so I could offer her a position as my office person.  I really hate paperwork and she's a qualified candidate for the job.  It's a win-win.


Raven (laughing): Office person?  That is a prestigious job title, Mom, you better jump right on that.

Violet: I think I'll include a title change as an employment clause.  

******

Doll County Sheriff's office.



Detective: Thank you for your time, Mr Kishi.  I am satisfied there's no need to talk to Claudia, but thank you for the offer.

Ben: Well, I know you spoke to her friends.

Detective: And that's why I don't need to talk to her.  She was with the Montez girls at the time of the fire. I've seen video footage of the three of them wandering around the mall.

 

Clara is in the waiting area outside the detective's office.  

Clara: Seriously?  They think you torched the place?

Ben: I was recently fired, so yeah, I'm a suspect.  (Keeps walking.)


*****

Tanner runs into Whitney at the day care.


Wilma: Hi, one of the twins.  A bad person burned Mommy's work down. 

Tanner: I saw you walking.  If I'd known you were coming here, I would have given you a lift.

Whitney: I won't mind if you give us a lift home.  Wilma's too big to carry that far and her little legs take forever to get anywhere. 



Whitney: Thanks for the ride.  Do you need gas money?

Tanner: Nah, it's not that far out of the way.  You go and get ready for your hot date tonight.

Whitney: Hot date?  What are you talking about?

Tanner: You had all those Valentine cards in your locker.  I figured... No?


Whitney: Those were indecent proposals, Tanner.  I get a locker full every year.

Tanner: Are you serious?  Why would you get dozens of -- (Looks at Wilma playing in the snow.)  Oh, yeah.  Who was it?  Tell me who it was, every one of them.  

Whitney: I'm not gonna tell you.  I know what people think. 

Tanner: Stupid people.  I know you ain't like that.  So you don't have a hot date tonight? 

No comments:

Post a Comment